Harold and Kumar go to San J

Could not agree more if I can get him to come out.
I would agree 200% with that. I was going to say the same. I would encourage you to PM him and see if he is able to help you. He's old school proper and would be a very good way for you learn from the kind of folks that taught me and uphold the proper way to get it done. Sprig help this guy...

Reactions: TRICER
Nice photo. Birds all colored up!

Sprig, you would be up for a lifetime achievement award if you tag along with these guys. Plus we would have photos for sure!! Larry you need to rally!

He has been a great Ementor for me through this forum on every season. Feb will be a full year for California hunting for me and pretty much made the full rotation of seasons. Turkey, predator, upland, deer, waterfowl, trapping before it was banned, and going to try and squeeze out a wild boar before it all starts over again and he has offered advice and knowledge all along the way. It has been an awesome and expensive year. Cant wait to see what 2020 brings.

Well... today I finally woke up without my lungs gurgling. So it's a start.

Anyone know if this is supposed to accept a quick release sling swivel for the buttstock? The one I bought is not going far enough down for it to click in, just want to see if I am at least on the right track.

19B64B1F-CE86-417F-B7F2-A2D00710DBDF.jpeg

Got the carlsons choke today and fit perfectly. Can wait to pattern it and see how it shoots choked and ported.

For anyone googling “Citadel CDP-12 choke”, it accepts the benelli & beretta mobi choke tubes. Hardly any info online for it. Now if I can find some compatible buttstocks.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Gets it done in the thick stuff, good work. Does the front of the pump have that cool pic rail on the bottom?

ok i got lost here, what shotgun are you going duck hunting with?

btw ported barrels are freaking loud as frack, ( bsg refrence ) i do not bird hunt in a blind with people who have them. also 18" is not exactly ideal for duck loads. you need 21" to get your shot up to speed and that in a blind will cut the safe angles you can shoot at by quite a bit. There is a reason most duck guns are 26-28" and its not just because they swing better.

Reactions: duck-boy
[
QUOTE="SteveHazard, post: 137489, member: 30449"]
Gets it done in the thick stuff, good work. Does the front of the pump have that cool pic rail on the bottom?
[/QUOTE]

Yea, glad it does too to mount a sling to. Lesson learned when I bought it they didnt have anymore in stock so I took the one off the rack, all the sling studs were missing in the box when I got it home. Now I have to round up all the parts online.

btw ported barrels are freaking loud as frack, ( bsg refrence ) i do not bird hunt in a blind with people who have them. also 18" is not exactly ideal for duck loads. you need 21" to get your shot up to speed and that in a blind will cut the safe angles you can shoot at by quite a bit. There is a reason most duck guns are 26-28" and its not just because they swing better.
Wait what'd I miss.. we're duck hunting with tactical shotguns? Oh man I wanna see this..

• Haha
Reactions: HortoTheSlayer

Its 20+1” , not a speciality duck gun by any means but it goes boom. I will pattern it this week and see how it shoots with and without the choke on paper. Will post up the results.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu