Hot Tips!

Use spray hydrogen peroxide to get blood off your pack and clothes.

Step one get something bloody! Hang whatever you want to clean up sprayit with pressurized water. Then spray it with hydrogen peroxide not only will it foam up wherever there is blood it will also pull the blood out of the item. Then spray it off and repeat.

202BAC8A-5B09-4C14-9858-AC184B77C350.jpeg2AC2E691-D6D6-463C-968D-571BB4015A30.jpeg41B8EE4B-9521-4210-AA96-6C5C09395A76.jpeg

Use spray hydrogen peroxide to get blood off your pack and clothes.

Step one get something bloody! Hang whatever you want to clean up sprayit with pressurized water. Then spray it with hydrogen peroxide not only will it foam up wherever there is blood it will also pull the blood out of the item. Then spray it off and repeat.

View attachment 37508View attachment 37509View attachment 37510
Mighty excellent tip.
I keep a hydrogen peroxide spray bottle in the truck while hunting.
Here's a tip, use a spray bottle of
HP to find those hard to trail blood spots. Wounded deer ect.
Hard to see blood spots will fizz.
Then mark the spot. Phone app or red or orange ribbon marker.

Put a old prescription bottle in your kill kit. It needs slots in the lid so you can slip a zip tie through it. When you take a doe put your tag in it and cut a slit in one ear. Then zip tie it. No lost tag on the drag.
c98430d6ab7cced4ac4eec7fca18b56c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drew,

HP is great for a lot of things and all my vehicles carry a bottle.....I've used it on Trigger's feet many times for cuts.

Matt,

I have a million pill bottles......lol

My tip.....For guys that like to use breathable waders.....Buy a can or two of Flex-Seal.....As cracks or seams start to leak.....Spray them.....I have found that the black is better than the clear.....Also, Shoe Goo is great for the bigger cracks on boots.

ps.....Flex-Sealed the bottom of one of the back packs I use for fowling.....Dry as a bone inside.

Last edited:
Drew,

HP is great for a lot of things and all my vehicles carry a bottle.....I've used it on Trigger's feet many times for cuts.

Matt,

My tip.....For guys that like to use breathable waders.....Buy a can or two of Flex-Seal.....As cracks or seams start to leak.....Spray them.....I have found that the black is better than the clear.....Also, Shoe Goo is great for the bigger cracks on boots.

ps.....Flex Sealed the bottom of one of the back packs I use for fowling.....Dry as a bone inside.

This is gold....My breathables just started leaking this weekend at the river. I will be doing this when I get home.

Last edited by a moderator:
when I’m not using my water bladder I empty it and throw it in the chest freezer in the garage. That way the moisture left inside doesn’t mold. Way easier than cleaning them out all the time

Using that one great tip!

Drew,

Matt,

ps.....Flex-Sealed the bottom of one of the back packs I use for fowling.....Dry as a bone inside.

Gotta get some flex seal! Thanks Steve

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Mighty excellent tip.
I keep a hydrogen peroxide spray bottle in the truck while hunting.
Here's a tip, use a spray bottle of
HP to find those hard to trail blood spots. Wounded deer ect.
Hard to see blood spots will fizz.
Then mark the spot. Phone app or red or orange ribbon marker.

Great tip on the HP never thought of that!

Reactions: longbowhunter2
So the meat eater guys have this new hot tip thing going on where they post up hot tips. I figured it would be a cool thread for the site. Basically if you have something cool you do involving hunting post it up. I have a few to share so I will start.
Thank you.
You have started aometning good here, I have just learn a lot more...

Reactions: msailor
Some random ones...

Like the pill container tip, I use old film containers for everything from matches, hot sauce (Mtn House meals can get blah), seasoning salt, and chalk for my box call during turkey season. Old tobacco cans work well for holding diaphragm calls and coffee too.

My optics are always getting dirty in the field, even with using a protected harness. A birder (yeah, I know, those lame birders) once taught me that for quick removal of dust to hold the optic over your head and gently blow off the dirt, so there's less chance of spitting on the lens and gravity will help you blow it out. On backpack hunts, there's always down time in the evening, so I spend time cleaning my optics if they're real dirty with a small cleaning kit (microfiber cloth, brush, cleaning solution, qtips).

I always keep my headlamp in a pocket on me especially when hunting the afternoon, since it always seems to get dark fast and I used to end up digging thru my pack in the dark to find it. I also keep spare batteries taped together in my pants pocket, as well as a backup light in my pack.

First aid.. I posted about this before, but I keep an emergency kit with super glue and duct tape for bad cuts, moleskin for blisters, and a combat tourniquet for bad situations.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Cold feet in the sleeping bag? I use my down mittens as slippers. My kui super down glommits fit my size 11 feet perfectly and actually synch around my ankles like they were meant to be slippers. I am sure any full size down mitten would do the same. Had to get resourceful on the latest elk hunt since it was freezing balls on the couple nights we stayed in the field. This picture is actually of the mittens on my feet.

B1777863-5F49-4A0B-A106-D9CF84BC8FB5.jpeg9A13B67B-4EA4-47CF-B762-B1EB74FA8882.png

when I’m not using my water bladder I empty it and throw it in the chest freezer in the garage. That way the moisture left inside doesn’t mold. Way easier than cleaning them out all the time
Interesting.. never heard of that one but it's going into my chest freezer tonight. It doesn't ruin the bladder at all? I hate how the bladders never quite dry all the way, even after you hang them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu