Im BACK

Hey,tnx gang. Hard to believe 8 hrs of drivin fer a hour of good time.but thats what we do if yer a duck aholic..got s.j.resi fer sat..we'll see how that goes..then wister on the 20th.gettin those resi doubled up sucks tho.i have had a couple that had to burn because same days,uggh.looks like ima do alot of weds.

Dang....All we need is Clyde.... :joy:

Welcome back, Mac
Omg,steve that all just came back to me,lol. That was the guy from oregon that wanted me to post my drivers license to prove i had a class A. I cant believe u rememebered that.it was forever ago.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Alright im not much for stories but this needs to be told! Long story short im single again after a 15 yr ball and chain.
This was my first hunt back. Got a resi fer Mendota. Im in ventura so no matter which direction its 4hrs one way,except S.J.thats 2 hrs.so anyhow i get to mendota park and see reservation parking,i was like ,ahh nice.so i park in my 5 spot and noone was there at 6 pm.except two guys that walked to h.q. i was eyeballin the water chart and prior results.this guy walked up seemed kinda buzzed,idk.said something about havin his teeth pulled,so i ignored my first impression.got to talkin and he asked so where ya going? I said,idk,somewhere with some open water.
So he starts pointing and sayin ima give u a spot,im like yea rt. I had two spots i was already gonna try.so iwas sceptical about it.but then he goes on about i been comin here 30 yrs.and u go to this spot the winds gonna do this and the birds are gonna do that.anyhow flies were biting me bad so i told him i gotta go to bed.so now im confused.thought about it and said what the heck.got up tried to find the spot got lost.couldnt find a hole in the dark.stopped,waited till a lil light,but almost packed up and went to my spot,anyhow backtracked and bam one slot where a tractor plowed.threw deeks out and what do ya know,it worked just like Doug said!
So thus this is for doug tnx.bro! You made my comeback day perfect! Luv ya bro! And thank you!!! NOT EVERYDAY THAT HAPPENS.

Wow,whats going on? All the forums are dead. I was checking hunter quotas and it just looks like 3/4 of all actives have quit. No more friends of Wister? Ect...all posts are like 2 yrs old,blah blah blah. SAD!!!

Wow,whats going on? All the forums are dead. I was checking hunter quotas and it just looks like 3/4 of all actives have quit. No more friends of Wister? Ect...all posts are like 2 yrs old,blah blah blah. SAD!!!

Friends of Wister was no longer needed....So, I quit organizing events.... ;)

ps....This forum is alive & well....:cash-gif-emoji:

Reactions: longduck
S.J. grr.i think my barrels bent.still scratched a couple.plus lost 2 in the reeds.looks like no plowing was done.blinds should not be over grown where ya cant put decoys.and find downed birds..fustrating wasting a resi like that.attachin pics on here is a pain,too

S.J. grr.i think my barrels bent.still scratched a couple.plus lost 2 in the reeds.looks like no plowing was done.blinds should not be over grown where ya cant put decoys.and find downed birds..fustrating wasting a resi like that.attachin pics on here is a pain,too
Oh,well,this forums not really that active.none of them are not like they used to be. feels like im talkin to myself.alright catch yall later.

Mac,

I think it's more about that almost everything is open to hunt...So, time on the key board is a little less active...Plus, I'll be honest...Many believe hunting is getting worse because of the net and social media...And waterfowling is right at the top of that list.

Good job getting what you got at San J...You might want to invest in a dog (lab)…I personally can't imagine duck hunting without one.

ps...You're right about the vegetation at San J...It's great to have food sources planted, but kind of defeats the purpose when you can't even put out a decoy.

Last edited:
Mantis eatin another.i see these alot.

.1109190811.jpg1109191603.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dawnandusk
Wister, an adventure every time after a rain. Someone got ztuck on honker road.so i pulled em out.sry didnt get pics.was in a hurry.but i did take a couple.1123190634.jpg1123190633.jpg1123190904.jpg1123191636.jpg

Reactions: jth and PinTeal34
Wister,today.went out with no decoys.i was curious.just my chair,fanny pack,waders and gun and duck calls.1124190654.jpg1124190850.jpg1124190935.jpg1124191108.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu