Inactive Forums?

fish dog

Apr 28, 2015
Johnson City, TN
First off, I'm not talking about here. This forum has a pretty good level of activity especially considering the current situation and the time of year. Out of the 31 forums here there are only three that haven't had a post so far this year and most have had posts within hours, day or at most a couple of weeks. A couple of forums amongst the many that I peruse seems to have hit a long slow stretch. In one out of their 39 forums, there are 16 that haven't had a post so far this year and several that have gone for weeks or even months with nothing new. Another, which has 98 forums (way too many IMHO) 21 out of the 98 have had no posts, one of those had had no posts since Nov. 2012. I'm just wondering why that would be. Are people getting reluctant to share their activity for some reason? I can understand not wanting to burn a hunting or fishing spot but even general "look what I got" posts or tips to pass along to others or info to pass along or whatever. Is it getting to where people don't want to help their fellow outdoorsmen (or women) or is it a few smart asses that have to make remarks on almost every post discouraging people from posting or what? It's just kind of sad to see some once active and helpful forums go dark, so to speak.

Forums have been affected by fb and other platforms. We have seen the shift however. People are moving away from fb back to forums.

They are what we make them

Last edited:
I started on jesses back around 2004. there were lots of good knowledgeable folks exchanging information, stories and help and yeah there were a few Goofs but that was to be expected. Over the years, the good ones started posting less and less and the sight went into a recess and has not been able to reemerge to its former self.

I learned how to hunt D14 via Jesses. Didn't post a lot because I had no idea what I was doing but it helped. That was like 10+ years ago or so.

I remember someone getting caught for poaching by posting a pic on that forum at some point, pretty sure that was around the point when i stopped paying attention. Guys were at each others throats.

Part of the trouble with forums is the work it takes to run them and the cost. If you guys knew the work that goes into keeping the wheels on you might wonder why we do it. Look at the down time that other place has had. Its also expensive and ad revenue is down

That said, we have never had a better server, near zero down time. Epic fast speed and our email system works purfect.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu