Just out of curiosity, how did you find out about the SCH website?

Re: Just out of Curiosity?

Darryl's uncle told me about the SCH site a while back, and then I met John when I bought my new A-bolt .30-06 hunting rifle. Great people. John helped me out mounting my Nikon scope, and encouraged me to check out the forums on the site. I see some great discussions and everyone seems very friendly. That's always been my experience with the hunting community wherever I've been.

I found the site using google. It is the 1st one that comes up when searching for so cal hunting.

Found out via John who really has encouraged me to start hunting, gotta say its been a real pleasure reading all the advice and getting the encouragement, thanks to everyone here!

Very glad you have made the decision to move forward Matt. You will meet some amazing folks hunting as well as create some awesome memories to look back on.

I've known NBK for a little while before this website, but reconnected with him at a San Diego County Varmint Callers club meeting.

Cool site, glad to see it continue to grow. Tell all your hunting buds!

crramos87 said:
I found the site by googling "Southern California hunting"

I will 2nd the gentleman above me. I recently obtained my Hunting license and feel like i need guidance and a great community to to learn and share my hunting experience with.

Walked into Fine Firearms in La Mesa under the recommendation of a friend in the pursuit of 7mm Rem Mag for a new rifle; walked out with ammo, good information, and a card for this website. Been lurking a while, and will continue to do so. There's a lot of great tips to be found and it seems like a great community of shooters.

Dad always taught me to speak less, listen more. I've got a lot to learn, and even though I don't post much I just want you all to know that I'm deeply grateful for everything you contribute.

Welcome to the website junglelarry. Glad you you have signed up on the forum.

I was talking to SoCalRebelHunter about another site and how the members were not very responsive and positive and he encouraged me to check this site out. He was saying how great all of you are on being helpful and knowledgable. Gotta say... he's right!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu