Let's see those 1st turkeys

Lol don't feel bad Matt I been chasing turkey with a bow for 8 years. I actually hit a few but them birds are tough. They would still fly off even when hit.. darn it....

Thanks Lee. I did miss one last year I shot over its head and did not follow up with another shot. Got me some TSS this year and I will not miss!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Lee. I did miss one last year I shot over its head and did not follow up with another shot. Got me some TSS this year and I will not miss!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I picked up heavy shot , I am going with shot gun this year lol.
Unfortunately I was in a bow only area last few years. Lol.

Reactions: msailor
Well my first bird was not long ago in 2012.. I'd just moved back to SD from 10 years on the Big Island Hawaii and was really green to hunting again after years of helping buddies on the island with scouting and packing but not really hunting much.. my first year of turkey hunting I scored a bird and since then it's been a sharp learning curve but a fun time. Wish I'd gotten into turkeys earlier since there's plenty on the island but hey it's been great here in East County.38618

First turkey, 2016. Shot an Eastern in South Mississippi. At sunrise, a friend and I called to them on the roost and one landed in the tree right above us. We hit the deck, no decoy out, and he eventually busted us. Saw other gobblers in the morning, missed a couple opportunities. As we were heading back to the house, one of them circled all the way around us. Called him and blasted him!

Stevo..i gotta do some do some research...but i think i stacked one in 92 /93ish...back before i had internet...but im gonna try to find the poloraid or the kodak 110 pic..scan it..than post!! Those were the days!!

Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu