Little surprised today

I agree with Steve, chuckar, well white wing but they identify as chucka r because they flew in from Ca.

Reactions: Ahidog
Sprig, I gotta believe you are joking unless you got a bad image. Richard, I did'nt know the went that far north. How often do you see them ?

Fred,

When I looked at his post there was no picture...Just black...So, I just guessed that chukar were/are pretty rare in his parts...White-wing would even be more rare.

ps...Little known fact...Do you know that white-wing can ONLY be shot legally in Imperial, Riverside, and San Berdo counties in California (they can be quite common in SD Co.).

Last edited:
Are you sure about that Steve? I see in the Regulations summary that morning and whitewings are statewide. Maybe I'm missing something....

Fred,

When I looked at his post there was no picture...Just black...So, I just guessed that chukar were/are pretty rare in his parts...White-wing would even be more rare.

ps...Little known fact...Do you know that white-wing can ONLY be shot legally in Imperial, Riverside, and San Berdo counties in California (they can be quite common in SD Co.).

When Drake (my son) was 10 we went with Jeff L to Vessels (SD County) mid September. Mid morning a dove landed in a tree a few hundred yards away and we sent him off to jump it. After a 5 minute Elmer Fudd sneak he shot it off the branch. I told Jeff I guess I'm not raising a purist, when he got back he had the first SD county whitewing I had ever seen. We laughed and joked about me raising a poacher.

• Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu