LOCAL BUCKS

I know your pain I have had cameras stolen the last two years, One has taken by tree huggers and the other was taken by hunters who shot a buck out of my stand. Trust me it will come full circle and when i catch someone stealing my shit I will leave them in the woods.

I just got a early morning call and a report of shots fired. 2 forks just hit the ground in D11. Jeff is on the board.

Second report. They found the first buck down and looking for number two that belongs to Jeff's friend Brian. Stay tuned.

Update. I just got more info. The buck they found was Brian's. Jeff is off the board. :'(

So they found Brian’s 2x2 and they think the other was a clean miss. The first missed shot was a little rushed without a rest from the shoulder . I’m trying to get a good picture.

I hunted boulder creek road. Very windy in the am. Lots of hunters but didn't see any deer. Spent most of the afternoon helping my father who got forced off the road by a southbound speeding red truck at the high point. Punctured the oil pan and ran out of oil. Almost 6 hour wait for a towtruck.

toad said:
I hunted boulder creek road. Very windy in the am. Lots of hunters but didn't see any deer. Spent most of the afternoon helping my father who got forced off the road by a southbound speeding red truck at the high point. Punctured the oil pan and ran out of oil. Almost 6 hour wait for a towtruck.

THAT SUCKS

Went for a long hike saw one good buck, big fork about 17"-18" with big long mains.Good mature deer but not a winner ;)

Went for a long hike saw one good buck, big fork about 17"-18" with big long mains.

I took my son (14 y/o) out and we didn't see anything until we were on our way back to the truck. We saw a big doe with a yearling and a few minutes later we saw a little forky. Unfortunately, he saw us just before I spotted him and my son didn't get a chance at a shot. He's starting to get a little discouraged because this is his second year with a tag and he still hasn't had an opportunity to shoot, but I keep telling him that it's all part of the experience. I just hope he does soon! Of course it doesn't help his cause when he wanted to stay home and watch the Chargers this morning instead of going back out!!!

Socalhntr said:
I took my son (14 y/o) out and we didn't see anything until we were on our way back to the truck. We saw a big doe with a yearling and a few minutes later we saw a little forky. Unfortunately, he saw us just before I spotted him and my son didn't get a chance at a shot. He's starting to get a little discouraged because this is his second year with a tag and he still hasn't had an opportunity to shoot, but I keep telling him that it's all part of the experience. I just hope he does soon! Of course it doesn't help his cause when he wanted to stay home and watch the Chargers this morning instead of going back out!!!
My daughter and I went through a similar story, except we saw no deer!
She is getting ansy to shoot something, so I took the 20 gauge with us 0out to McCain Valley, and we found a rabbit for her to shoot. She made a great clean shot. the rabbit was sitting in some bushes about 30 ft. away. She was all smiles. Then we rushed home to watch the chargers.

P1080880.jpg

Hey Ratz love to see you guys taking the kids to hunt, I know how important are those moments for you guys so I took some time to color correct your picture, just right click with your mouse and save it as in your computer. Hope I did not offend you by doing this, I notice you had the white balance set incorrectly in the camera by the time you took the picture. Any way just copy and paste my attachment and have a great day.

Santiago Cohen

Attachments

• ratz_daughter.jpg
    ratz_daughter.jpg
    953.6 KB · Views: 294
SkullReaper said:
Hey Ratz love to see you guys taking the kids to hunt, I know how important are those moments for you guys so I took some time to color correct your picture, just right click with your mouse and save it as in your computer. Hope I did not offend you by doing this, I notice you had the white balance set incorrectly in the camera by the time you took the picture. Any way just copy and paste my attachment and have a great day.

Santiago Cohen
Friggen awesome, dude!

A few new bucks are hanging around.

Attachments

• PICT0049.JPG
    PICT0049.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 279
  • PICT0053.JPG
    PICT0053.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 276
  • PICT0142.JPG
    PICT0142.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 291
  • PICT0262.JPG
    PICT0262.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 279
  • PICT0276.JPG
    PICT0276.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 279
  • PICT0471.JPG
    PICT0471.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 280
  • PICT0551.JPG
    PICT0551.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 298
Nice going with getting your kids out there guys. I can't wait until mine are old enough.

TA Great buck pictures. I'm Jones'n to get back out there. Keep them coming.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu