LOCAL BUCKS

Lungpopper said:
I would like more information on the "TOAD BUCK" pics and location would be helpfull.
THANKS

He alludes my camera too. He pulled a "no-show" again after 5 freaking hours in the tree stand today. The wind swirled all morning. When I was walking out at 12:30 I got busted by him and 11 other deer. By the time I got my camera out they were gone.

Saw another good newb buck today I call Sloppy-Joe. He's a freak. Extremely tall thin-horned 3x on the right side (Basically a big fork that busted out a cheater crab claw point at the main beam. Then a short 4x horn on the left. What makes him freaky is the 4x side sticks out wide and the 3x side is very narrow. Its very unbalanced. Didn't get a pic of him either as I was thinking about sticking him.

Details on the big buck will have to wait until he's hanging on my gambrel.

Invisible man said:
Here is one of my fav local bucks.I seen him alot in Jan, and then he disapeared.I was getting photos of turkies when he popped up on the ridge.I havn't seen him since.

Amazing that a buck with that big of a frame is a fork.

Pretty sure I put more hours into hunting this week then I did at work.

Every time I left my tree stand early this year it back fired, this morning I got out at 7am, un-tied my bow and looked up to find a 18" to 19" 3X3 staring at me from about 50 yards.....SOB!

We ended the 1st half of A22 1 for 3, but had a lot of fun, I was within 20 to 40 yards 2 times of a 120 class 3 point today and never got a shot off, we did get photos and video after he busted out.

Good luck to those of you w/rifle tags,can wait to see some good pics.

Invisible man said:
Here is one of my fav local bucks.I seen him alot in Jan, and then he disapeared.I was getting photos of turkies when he popped up on the ridge.I havn't seen him since.

I just wet myself.................... That guy is huge!

Your living the SD deer hunting dream TB. Thanks for continuing to share your hunts!

You're gonna love this. In one week the area around one of my tree stands has become buck central. Sunday night I had three of the bigger bucks walking all around my tree stand and they never winded me. (You gotta love those evening thermals.) I drew on the bigger 3x3 at 16 yards when he was broadside, but once again visions of the toad buck prevented me from touching off the release.

With all the decent bucks piling into this area I'm thinking a big shooter is bound to show up in the next 2 weeks. I'm just hoping the rifle hunters don't blow them out.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• PICT0015.JPG
    PICT0015.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 192
  • PICT0017.JPG
    PICT0017.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 189
  • PICT0079.JPG
    PICT0079.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 188
  • PICT0081.JPG
    PICT0081.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 188
  • PICT0094.JPG
    PICT0094.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 185
  • PICT0098.JPG
    PICT0098.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 187
  • PICT0119.JPG
    PICT0119.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 187
  • PICT0167.JPG
    PICT0167.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 188
  • PICT0304.JPG
    PICT0304.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 191
  • PICT0320.JPG
    PICT0320.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 184
TA
You have got to shoot those forkies.They are spreading inferior genes in your area and I know you don't want that happening.You have got to get out there and fix this INFERIOR GENE problem now.
Don't wait you have got to pull the trigger.
Just trying to help.
Darryl

Lungpopper said:
TA
You have got to shoot those forkies.They are spreading inferior genes in your area and I know you don't want that happening.You have got to get out there and fix this INFERIOR GENE problem now.
Don't wait you have got to pull the trigger.
Just trying to help.
Darryl

Yes, I'm sure you'd love it if I tagged out on a forky. There's only three in the batch. They look to be 2.5-3.5 yr olds.

Nice trail pics. T.A.

Didn't Darryl post a pic. of a 3 pt. he passed on about 2 weeks ago?

TopBuck said:
Nice trail pics. T.A.

Didn't Darryl post a pic. of a 3 pt. he passed on about 2 weeks ago?

Yes he did. I wonder why he's not whacking bucks with inferior genes? Perhaps he might have a hidden agenda?

That buck is working that trail heavily, are you getting allot of does on your camera also, If so stick it out because you know the big boy will work that trail also, that buck seems to have his head down allot working his nose, Good Luck

So………………. I think some quail hunters may have walked though my area on Saturday because I did an all day sit on Sunday and saw nothing but 2 coyotes. 12 hours in the stand is rough. I thought for sure I would score. When I got down at dark I found a 20 gage shell that was not there the week before. I knew right then that my camera down the trail would be gone. It was! I don’t know what I’m more pissed off at. Someone shot up my spot blowing all the deer out, my camera stolen, or that I can not ever hang a camera in this prime spot again, or that I now miss 2 weeks of pictures during prime time. (last week and this week). If they were hunters and there were buck pictures on the card then you can bet that they will either sit in my stand, hang theirs near bye, or just walk the area with their rifle for the next 4 weekends. Either way I’m sure the spot is blown for this season. I guess that's why you don't put all your eggs in one basket.

BuckHunter said:
So………………. I think some quail hunters may have walked though my area on Saturday because I did an all day sit on Sunday and saw nothing but 2 coyotes. 12 hours in the stand is rough. I thought for sure I would score. When I got down at dark I found a 20 gage shell that was not there the week before. I knew right then that my camera down the trail would be gone. It was! I don’t know what I’m more pissed off at. Someone shot up my spot blowing all the deer out, my camera stolen, or that I can not ever hang a camera in this prime spot again, or that I now miss 2 weeks of pictures during prime time. (last week and this week). If they were hunters and there were buck pictures on the card then you can bet that they will either sit in my stand, hang theirs near bye, or just walk the area with their rifle for the next 4 weekends. Either way I’m sure the spot is blown for this season. I guess that's why you don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Buckhunter,
Sorry to hear it. It pisses me off that some hunters have no regard for others. Just curious, did you have any security on the camera? I have used cables & metal boxes and still had my cameras stolen. I wonder if there is a way to install a sensor to track them by satellite? Anyway, hope you find a replacement spot.

TA

Buckhunter,

I know how you feel, my cuddy back was stolen on opening day this year and I just put new batties in it two days before with my biggest memory card$$

To top it off....10 minutes after I got into my stand I hear someone say " Hey nice spot" so I stood up to look over the branches and see two guys standing 50 yards from where my camera was mounted on an oak tree, I asked if they just took it and they said OH NO but some other guys were just in here before us. PUKES!
So I took down that stand and relocated.

That's why I haven't posted anymore new trail photos. Hang in there B.H. Carma is a real bitch!!!!!

People like that lack respect for other people and their property.
The low life scumbags that they are will never be any more than that.Trash with no morals.
Someday they will have to answer for it.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu