M6 hunters??

ross1147

Nov 8, 2012
Where’s all the smoke pole hunters on here? Haven’t seen if anybody did any good?
I had 3 does on Saturday morning within range but passed in hopes to find a buck. Had my Saturday evening was ruined by a land owner who yelled across the canyon 30 minutes before sunset that I was good to hunt where I was but if I went down the canyon another 1/4 mile I’d be on private…. Sunday morning glassed up 4 does and a buck. Couldn’t close the distance enough to get a shot. Had the buck at 250 yds but no closer. Both mornings were upper 20s, was awesome!
Good luck to y’all! Headed back out Friday to see what I can glass up.

Still waiting for filled tag report/pictures. There are a bunch of sickos here that like to see pictures of dead game animals, and some non game animals.

Two forks ran out in front of my Polaris at 30 yards today and when I stopped they stood and stared until I moved, thinking the rut is still not going full yet. Their necks were not swollen and hanging close to each other

Last edited:
Sorry to disappoint gents but didn’t make it out yesterday. Woke up and the wind was whipping and it was pouring. I’m getting too old for that crap. Will be getting up tomorrow at 0330. We’ll see what happens! Have a merry Christmas!

Ryan

Sorry to disappoint gents but didn’t make it out yesterday. Woke up and the wind was whipping and it was pouring. I’m getting too old for that crap. Will be getting up tomorrow at 0330. We’ll see what happens! Have a merry Christmas!

Ryan
Im 29 and too old for that crap....

Well wasted trip. Left with the intent to hunt all day and stay the night, but when I got to my spot the gate was closed. Drove around to another entrance closed. Drove back down to my backup spot closed. They close the forest when there’s fire danger, then they close the roads when it rains!! Ended up going into a spot I’ve never been too in the dark. Didn’t see a thing.
Only one week left!!

• Sad
Reactions: ilovesprig
Well wasted trip. Left with the intent to hunt all day and stay the night, but when I got to my spot the gate was closed. Drove around to another entrance closed. Drove back down to my backup spot closed. They close the forest when there’s fire danger, then they close the roads when it rains!! Ended up going into a spot I’ve never been too in the dark. Didn’t see a thing.
Only one week left!!

Yep, basically any excuse to close public roads....... :confused:

Gates are still locked. Sitting on a ridge line right now waiting for it to get light in an area I’ve never stepped foot in.
On the bright side it’s snowing?

Yeah I hate the CF. Up at Palomar they decide to burn all there clear cut during hunting season there excuse is cause the weather is good. That's a f-----up excuse. They could do that in the spring time. By doing so they melted one of tree stands. A holes..... They do not care about the public or anyone else. And they wonder why we hate them so. They need to keep the public campgrounds open year round. It's our right to be able to use them.......CA is going to burn you one way or another.....

Reactions: Smokey58
Well skunked again. It was perfect weather, just no deer.
That wraps up my season and California deer hunting career. Been at it in Cali off and on since 1995. Had some highs, killed my biggest buck back in 2016 (175” 4x4 in X3B), and ending on a 3 year dry streak. Sure I’ve had opportunities (passed 2 forkys in ‘19 in B zone, passed another 2 in ‘20 in X3B, didn’t get a chance this year other than the does I saw opening day but wanted a buck) but never pulled the trigger.
Moving back to FL in April for good. Under contract on a sweet little slice of heaven on 6 acres. Time to get out of this rat race!
Hope to get on some quail at the beginning on Jan. Stay safe!

Ryan

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu