Mag capacity while hunting??

That’s a good question.
The fact that “most” rifles only carrie a 5 round mag, doesn't mean that 5 is the limit.

Good lord,

Hunting regs do not limit the number of rounds you can hunt with a rifle. Yes your drum mag is ok for deer as far as dfw goes. As for your state gun laws I'll leave it up to you and your lawyer as standard mags are leagal and then not depending on the day

Shotguns are 3 rounds for birds

Hey! How exactly is a rainbow made? How exactly does a sun set? How exactly does a posi-trac rear-end on a Plymouth work? It just does......

My new rifle will only hold 2 in the magwell. I don’t keep a round chambered while rifle hunting. Honestly once you get past 2 shots things start to get real western.

Reactions: Goyaałé
Im not concerned with having enough shots to take. Im concerned with gettinginto trouble. Spmeone told me could have more than 4 rds and mag cant hold more than 4 rds as well. So i thought id ask here...

No limit on rifle as long as you're following any magazine laws. There also isn't a limit while using a shotgun for coyote(depending on the area).

Reactions: Goyaałé

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu