Mount Laguna Problem

I gave up on Laguna to many people in general, I feel they (anti) are trying to run hunters out. they will screw with your stuff, now this hunter next to PPETS stand is a jerk, however to many hunters leaving their stands to long, not giving other hunters a chance at a spot, but some are jerks to. the whole situation is out of control.

Reactions: sportyg
I gave up on Laguna to many people in general, I feel they (anti) are trying to run hunters out. they will screw with your stuff, now this hunter next to PPETS stand is a jerk, however to many hunters leaving their stands to long, not giving other hunters a chance at a spot, but some are jerks to. the whole situation is out of control.
The problem about leaving treestands on the mountains is more about hard work you need to do it almost all my stands I do it alone and its take me whole day and hard work, to take treestands out yes the ones next to the road, this one is the oldest treestand I have and I didnt hunt there in 2 year , bur every time I want to go and hunt this year because is more at evening spot I find trash from days before, I didnt care too much if someone use when im not there , but I need deal with trash and deers smell really good so is waist time every time I hike there and then is this other guy install 2 cams on my place 15 yds and 40 yds just this year I find up there some guys from Colorado and Arizona and other from Utha its good place , easy to hunt , with some big deers from desert easy to drag deer out, many trails around but next year plan to hunt there just 50% and change to other areas .
last year I saw many big ones there in december this year maybe 2 on cam in all december, peopple hunting pressure dont know.

Why do I continue to comment on this?... :joy:

You say you didn't hunt that spot for 2 years...Then you're upset because someone else found this area...Trash after 2 years...What a surprise (not that's an excuse)...Guys from Utah, Arizona, Colorado?...Hell, we hunt their states, but it's not OK for them to hunt ours?

ps...Really doubt guys from those states would go out of state to hunt the mighty "16"...;)

The problem about leaving treestands on the mountains is more about hard work you need to do it almost all my stands I do it alone and its take me whole day and hard work, to take treestands out yes the ones next to the road, this one is the oldest treestand I have and I didnt hunt there in 2 year , bur every time I want to go and hunt this year because is more at evening spot I find trash from days before, I didnt care too much if someone use when im not there , but I need deal with trash and deers smell really good so is waist time every time I hike there and then is this other guy install 2 cams on my place 15 yds and 40 yds just this year I find up there some guys from Colorado and Arizona and other from Utha its good place , easy to hunt , with some big deers from desert easy to drag deer out, many trails around but next year plan to hunt there just 50% and change to other areas .
last year I saw many big ones there in december this year maybe 2 on cam in all december, peopple hunting pressure dont know.
ppbets

I put up and took down my tree stands every year I did not leave them up all year, and I am a lot older than you. part of hunting public land, if you leave you stand there all year then it becomes public domain. it's no one fault but yours.

some may disagree with me but I feel the southern ca public land deer herd is all time low, private property not so much. fish and wildlife has it all screwed up. to many predators, habitat disappearing, now no bob cat and lion control, coyote will be next, did I say I can't wait leave California.

Where you thinking of leaving too?

Deer heard and management of the heard doesn’t match the tag allotment for the state. Not to mention the stress on the deer from pour habitat then add the predation from our unchecked predators you end up with what we have today.

I love grabbing and A22 and D16 as much as the next for the opportunity, I just think it would be a better season in the long run here in SoCal if California had a 1 deer tag minimum.

Reactions: BOWUNTR
Sure hope my tree stand and trail cams are safe at laguna...or im turning Blue lose on the first suckhole that walks by...and he is ownry!!! Nothing like old lloyd..thats for sure!!!

I have come across 6 stands that have been up for well over 3 years with no signs of use, one of them the straps are white from fade, not on Laguna but here in San Diego.
Are those things throw away?

Reactions: CLarson757
I have come across 6 stands that have been up for well over 3 years with no signs of use, one of them the straps are white from fade, not on Laguna but here in San Diego.
Are those things throw away?
About the same. I’ve seen a handful of stands that haven’t been taken down or seem to be used in a very long time. I personally wouldn’t leave something out there longer than necessary.

Reactions: sportyg
No apparently if you leave your stand up in a spot it’s like calling “super silly seat saver” basically you get that spot and no one else can use it no matter how long you have left it or not used it.

The problem is. Tree stands are to cheap. They need to raise the price about 4 times. Then people wouldn’t leave them out there.
By the way. If those stands are left out for more than 2 years. There is a very high probability that those straps are junk. Wouldn’t trust my life on them.

Wonder if anything ever gets shot out of any of those tree stands? Ive yet to see a post from a laguna tree stand murder? Anyone??? Buellar??

No apparently if you leave your stand up in a spot it’s like calling “super silly seat saver” basically you get that spot and no one else can use it no matter how long you have left it or not used it.

Do you know if the USF agents will remove stands and cameras? If not them, who would be in charge of removing that kind of stuff? I would think that if an agency personnel found a stand or camera they would be inclined to remove it or tag it somehow to give a “warning” in a way. Either way, I don’t leave anything out there and would assume it would get stolen or used by others if I did.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu