My boat and spearfishing guidance for bow or rifle hunting guidance.

Wildgame

Feb 11, 2019
I am in North San Diego Coastal.

I am really close to pulling the trigger (no pun intended) on gear to go bow/rifle hunting this year. My first year ever hunting big game. Like most, I am looking to harvest Deer and pig for now.

I am a pretty seasoned free-diver spear-fisherman, I have landed, Big bluefin tuna, yellow tail, dorado, wsb, i get lobsters, bass and the rest. I can teach you everything I know about spearing, and I have plenty of gear to share while you learn the ropes except an extra wet-suit. A big challenge for the beginner is having the stamina to swim from shore and deal with the surf and then go hunt. I have a boat to make it easier to learn in a calm day. I am happy to show you the ropes and take you out, introduce you to some other spearos (in due time) if you want, and help you make decisions on gear when you are ready.

As I trade off, I need your advice and guidance and help me with scouting and deer knowledge...(I am not asking for your spots). You don't need to be an expert. Any game I ever harvested I earned..no one has ever put me on birds or fish and I don't expect you to put me on Deer...But I need someone to learn the basics from.

I am serious about getting in to big game Hunting locally. I am eager to learn, I am not judgmental and flexible. I keep my mouth shut about local knowledge.

If you have any interest we could have a beer or coffee and talk about it, see if the idea works. Please send me a PM.

Thanks for reading.

Again, the NWTF Spring Turkey Tune-Up would be a good place to start...Lots of like minded folks & SCH'ers….You're also right in turkey & deer country....Remember, CNF, DFW, and NWTF info booth will be on site.

Last edited:
I might be to late for this post but I might be able to help. I’ve been hunting for several years and have been successful every year. I barely started spearfishing this year and maybe we can exchange knowledge.

I thought since there is Yellowtail and Dorado and the water is pretty warm, it might be a good time to talk about spearing and hunting.
I took my boat out last Saturday and we shoot a nice yellow and a couple of Dorados.

Would you want to go get a beer somewhere where there is outdoor seating sometime soon?

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
I thought since there is Yellowtail and Dorado and the water is pretty warm, it might be a good time to talk about spearing and hunting.
I took my boat out last Saturday and we shoot a nice yellow and a couple of Dorados.

Would you want to go get a beer somewhere where there is outdoor seating sometime soon?
Yeah definitely, send me a pm and we can discuss more about it.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu