National Forest closures

Actually, that was the Cedar Fire...And was started by a hunter who got lost...It was also well known that that fire could've been contained early, but FS decided not to send in air support...The rest is history.

In 2007, the Witch Creek fire was caused by downed power lines and winds that pushed 60+...In either case, Mother Nature plays a large role...I personally don't see the need to close public lands...This country needs to burn occasionally.
I've heard that the average was 7 years for fires.

Reactions: Muledeerhunter
You seem to have quite an attitude.I feel your privilege to hunt public lands means nothing to me. Maybe if you lost everything in that fire your bullshit wouldn't come off so absolute. But that's my opinion of your 'no one can order me,' and you have stated yours.
My kids and grandkids in So. Lake Tahoe are hoping and praying they will have something they can call home to come back to. If a temporary closure will keep other families from going thru this, I say why not. Again it is just my opinion.
When it comes to a fire season like this one is shaping up to be, your "Right to hunt public lands" means nothing and I mean nothing to me. As you stated above no one matters to you, but you.
What a pity!
Ya your right we should shut down all of the national Forests to hunting in the 3rd largest state in the country because there is a fire in Lake Tahoe. This sounds totally logical. Probably should shut down all the surrounding states as well just in case. The Rubies in NV are super close to Tahoe let’s have those guys burn their tags as well.

Common sense is not that common.
1827DA0C-E889-4DEE-9629-0D4CD9F73C37.png

Second year in a row gentleman. Give them an inch and they will take you 529 miles.

Last edited:
I hate CA...anybody shoot that bull dove yet this morning?

You seem to have quite an attitude.I feel your privilege to hunt public lands means nothing to me. Maybe if you lost everything in that fire your bullshit wouldn't come off so absolute. But that's my opinion of your 'no one can order me,' and you have stated yours.
My kids and grandkids in So. Lake Tahoe are hoping and praying they will have something they can call home to come back to. If a temporary closure will keep other families from going thru this, I say why not. Again it is just my opinion.
When it comes to a fire season like this one is shaping up to be, your "Right to hunt public lands" means nothing and I mean nothing to me. As you stated above no one matters to you, but you.
What a pity!
You are a clown.

typical libtard wanting it your way. Everyone know the risks of living in areas of danger. It’s not anyone’s fault most you F tard’s keep your faces in your phone… open your eyes, you live in California…. Earth quakes and fires, you don’t like it move to New York or some shit hole like that. This is Just my opinion tho so keep that in mind.

Nobody with C4, X4, X6a, D3, D5, X8, D8, A30, B2, B5, J18 tags (to name a few) gives a crap about your 2 weeks loss in your pursuit of your D16 forkie and trophey dove on some NF land. Seroiusly you'd probably be embarassed to post this sniveling crybaby nonsense outside of this D16 echo chamber. All these hunters are worried about the loss of more and more of their hunting grounds and instead of maning up and going out and hunting anyways you're on here crying while in the same breath telling others they have their heads buried in their phones too much. The same guys that gives his thoughts are prayers to servicemen that volenteered and lost their lives on the other side of the world in a shithole country is also saying they don't care about other peoples property and lives stateside because they assume the risk of living where they live.

What do you mean Trump got elected in 2016 through Covid? Check your timeline.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I am not sure if you are aware, but there are several different meanings of through. For example, you can say trump was president 2017 through 2021.

Nobody with C4, X4, X6a, D3, D5, X8, D8, A30, B2, B5, J18 tags (to name a few) gives a crap about your 2 weeks loss in your pursuit of your D16 forkie and trophey dove on some NF land. Seroiusly you'd probably be embarassed to post this sniveling crybaby nonsense outside of this D16 echo chamber. All these hunters are worried about the loss of more and more of their hunting grounds and instead of maning up and going out and hunting anyways you're on here crying while in the same breath telling others they have their heads buried in their phones too much. The same guys that gives his thoughts are prayers to servicemen that volenteered and lost their lives on the other side of the world in a shithole country is also saying they don't care about other peoples property and lives stateside because they assume the risk of living where they live.
Are you zone shaming me man?! Gonna have to report this type of talk to the internet authorities.

Not going to lie. All of us on here are a bunch of clowns....man I miss Larry.

Any way we can move this into the vaccinated thread? Sounds like somebody may not have gotten thier dove this morning....I know I did not get mine..he was not on the backyard fence this morning... gonna walk out there this afternoon and see if he's back...I hate public land..and CA..

Ya your right we should shut down all of the national Forests to hunting in the 3rd largest state in the country because there is a fire in Lake Tahoe. This sounds totally logical. Probably should shut down all the surrounding states as well just in case. The Rubies in NV are super close to Tahoe let’s have those guys burn their tags as well.

Common sense is not that common.
View attachment 50506

Second year in a row gentleman. Give them an inch and they will take you 529 miles.

Its the equivalent of shutting down CO NF for a fire at the grand canyon.

I may be going against popular opinion but......
I don't believe in closing land to lawful pursuits, unless there is a really good reason. I'm not and don't pretend to be an expert on fires and fuels. It seems to me that the states fire fighting resources are stretched pretty thin at present and that might be a factor. So I understand the closing of Forest land, don't like it, but understand.
Truduct, if it not for this one sentence in your post in an OPEN DISCUSSION ROOM, I would have never replied. " Your choice of home location means nothing to me and my right to hunt public lands", I am sorry a grown man feels that way.
It kinda goes along with, if a selfish man starts a fire and people lose their homes his attitude would be, 'They should't have lived there anyway'. I'm hoping that wasn't your intent but that's how I see the post.
Snake Charmer,'Hide behind a keyboard', really. It seems to me that in the past you've come down on a person or two that rubbed you wrong. Does a person have to advertise to consider himself one of the above the others.
I don't/won't hide from anyone, just ask.
Stickbrandon 'Clown, Libtard and F tard, face in a phone, move to some shit hole. You have quite a vocabulary. The others I mentioned had something intelligent to say, it appears to be beyond you.
Alto it's none of your concern I am a staunch Republican, very conservative and, no rino in this corner.
I see you as a small man, I'm sure your boyfriend likes that.
Now all this is just my opinion that started with a reply to a post. Yes I was taking an unpopular position against the consenses of this thread, but, I only meant to insult one name calling genius, without overkill.

I may be going against popular opinion but......
I don't believe in closing land to lawful pursuits, unless there is a really good reason. I'm not and don't pretend to be an expert on fires and fuels. It seems to me that the states fire fighting resources are stretched pretty thin at present and that might be a factor. So I understand the closing of Forest land, don't like it, but understand.
Truduct, if it not for this one sentence in your post in an OPEN DISCUSSION ROOM, I would have never replied. " Your choice of home location means nothing to me and my right to hunt public lands", I am sorry a grown man feels that way.
It kinda goes along with, if a selfish man starts a fire and people lose their homes his attitude would be, 'They should't have lived there anyway'. I'm hoping that wasn't your intent but that's how I see the post.
Snake Charmer,'Hide behind a keyboard', really. It seems to me that in the past you've come down on a person or two that rubbed you wrong. Does a person have to advertise to consider himself one of the above the others.
I don't/won't hide from anyone, just ask.
Stickbrandon 'Clown, Libtard and F tard, face in a phone, move to some shit hole. You have quite a vocabulary. The others I mentioned had something intelligent to say, it appears to be beyond you.
Alto it's none of your concern I am a staunch Republican, very conservative and, no rino in this corner.
I see you as a small man, I'm sure your boyfriend likes that.
Now all this is just my opinion that started with a reply to a post. Yes I was taking an unpopular position against the consenses of this thread, but, I only meant to insult one name calling genius, without overkill.
39F55B06-D387-4555-9701-EA960194580C.jpeg

Its the equivalent of shutting down CO NF for a fire at the grand canyon.
It's about the resources they have deployed already for the land and property that is at stake not the location of the areas. They are stretched thin in regards to what they are up against. We all know they need more firefighters and even more resources in the off season doing management and fuel reductions but the reality is they don't and this is the current situation.

Any way we can move this into the vaccinated thread? Sounds like somebody may not have gotten thier dove this morning....I know I did not get mine..he was not on the backyard fence this morning... gonna walk out there this afternoon and see if he's back...I hate public land..and CA..
I'm going to try and drop a wall hanger this afternoon.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu