New hunter - D13 deer tags

marcj

Aug 7, 2021
Hey everyone, I’m almost as new hunting as I am to SCH so I just had a couple questions. Went out for the first time last year for turkey and was late to the game but got pig and deer tags for D13 in SoCal. I hear it’s not that great, but I have a friend who got a buck in 13 last year. Any advice for the area since this will be my first time out? Also for Turkey/ pig, do you really need to hunt them on private land for a change to actually see/ bag them? Thanks.

Marc,

Welcome to SCH... :blush:

Pretty sure it would be private that produces both turkeys & pigs up there.,,I've never seen either in that zone...Although, Tejon is right across the freeway.

Reactions: marcj
You generally have to go into the Central Valley or past San Luis Obispo to find pigs. Usually people end up paying for the privilege.

Reactions: marcj

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu