New Pup

Nov 25, 2012
San Diego
Any advice any one can give on anything is much appreciated.... I know nothing about Labs and will learn by trial and error I guess lol. Thinking about getting medical ins for him because I have a feeling he is gonna eat something that will make him sick. My wife payed a little over $3K for him and shipped him from Indianna. I dont want to know where she got the money LOL

Truduct

Dec 20, 2014
I like the book "Water Dog" it has a lot of info in it. I have a ton of pheasant and quail wings in my freezer if you want them. They work great on a fishing pole, strapped to toys, hide and seek etc. I live in El Cajon shoot me a message.

Nov 25, 2012
San Diego
I like the book "Water Dog" it has a lot of info in it. I have a ton of pheasant and quail wings in my freezer if you want them. They work great on a fishing pole, strapped to toys, hide and seek etc. I live in El Cajon shoot me a message.
Right on!! I live in the Granite Hills area. I will hit you up. Thanks

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Congrats on the new member to the family & happy birthday.....You have the greatest wife in the world.....lol

ps.....I love labs and have owned 2 chocolates.....Get him a chain link kennel.....And a box (kennel) to sleep in.....That will be his safe place.....My yellow goes all the way to Canada in his and loves it.....Good luck

nicapopolis

Aug 22, 2013
Bring him up to our kennel in Mesa Grande after the first of the year and when he has all his shots and we'll give you advice and thoughts about how to train as well as let him play with a live bird (No charge)
What a great offer. Tips from a pro are invaluable.

As mentioned, get him kennel trained pretty quickly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

msailor

Jan 30, 2014
San Diego
Congrats named my 8 month old lab mix hunter too! Hope they both turn out to be great hunting dogs and live up their name.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Last edited: