New Pup

Yup toys are being destroyed left and right! LOL
One wooden chair leg so far... not alot of sleep this past week either! This pup is up at 4am ready to play.

Any advice any one can give on anything is much appreciated.... I know nothing about Labs and will learn by trial and error I guess lol. Thinking about getting medical ins for him because I have a feeling he is gonna eat something that will make him sick. My wife payed a little over $3K for him and shipped him from Indianna. I dont want to know where she got the money LOL

Reactions: steveo007
I like the book "Water Dog" it has a lot of info in it. I have a ton of pheasant and quail wings in my freezer if you want them. They work great on a fishing pole, strapped to toys, hide and seek etc. I live in El Cajon shoot me a message.

I like the book "Water Dog" it has a lot of info in it. I have a ton of pheasant and quail wings in my freezer if you want them. They work great on a fishing pole, strapped to toys, hide and seek etc. I live in El Cajon shoot me a message.
Right on!! I live in the Granite Hills area. I will hit you up. Thanks

Congrats on the new member to the family & happy birthday.....You have the greatest wife in the world.....lol

ps.....I love labs and have owned 2 chocolates.....Get him a chain link kennel.....And a box (kennel) to sleep in.....That will be his safe place.....My yellow goes all the way to Canada in his and loves it.....Good luck

Reactions: Cali Ridge Runner
Bring him up to our kennel in Mesa Grande after the first of the year and when he has all his shots and we'll give you advice and thoughts about how to train as well as let him play with a live bird (No charge)
What a great offer. Tips from a pro are invaluable.

As mentioned, get him kennel trained pretty quickly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Congrats named my 8 month old lab mix hunter too! Hope they both turn out to be great hunting dogs and live up their name.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Congrats on the new pup! The offer from Snake Charmer is a good one. I train there often with my dogs and this would be a good introduction to live birds with a trainer on hand.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu