New Surcharge on Duck & Upland Game Next Season

sportyg

Oct 28, 2011
SoCal
AB 614 has been signed by Newsome. adding a $10.00 surcharge to both duck & upland game validations. If the funds are used correctly (time will tell) it will improve nesting habitat for ducks and upland game birds. Duck validation will be $34.56, upland game $21.60.

Is there any public accountability for these funds?

Payback for a lifetime license was over 15 years.

Is there any public accountability for these funds?

Payback for a lifetime license was over 15 years.

Yeah, I ran the numbers last night and it rounds to 19 years for it to "pay off." That 19 years excludes putting the $970 to work elsewhere and earning interest. Not worth it.

Reactions: Designed2Hunt
I lifetimed years ago..I don't do birds..but I can say it's payed for it's self by an ungodly amount of large mammals that are no longer amount the living in CA....O...and I might add.. if you are a non resident...it's a no brainer..you will eat that lifetime fee up in a couple of years...prolly would not have done it if I was still in CA ..I hate C'a..

Reactions: BOWUNTR and sportyg
Yeah if you live out of state and have one then it would be worth it. It is also worth it if your young. Once you hit 50/60 years old not so much. The price is lower for seniors but not to the point it is cost effective.

Yeah if you live out of state and have one then it would be worth it. It is also worth it if your young. Once you hit 50/60 years old not so much. The price is lower for seniors but not to the point it is cost effective.
Man that's old..like stevo and John old!!! DAMN!

Truth here stevo...I spoil my girl...Boys not one bit..it's hand me down jeans..and old tee shirts for them...and an old beat up 870..and if they lucky..I let them shoot great grandpa's bps....oh..and boots with holes in them, damn boys..... sweet pea got a new pair of danners this year!! She is my favorite!!

Yeah, I ran the numbers last night and it rounds to 19 years for it to "pay off." That 19 years excludes putting the $970 to work elsewhere and earning interest. Not worth it.
I calculated the same numbers in this post. But if you're a non-resident wanting to apply, it'll pay itself off in a few years.

My conclusion -- pick up a lifetime license on your way out

Reactions: BOWUNTR and 180ls1
Exactly...and don't look back...CA..uggh!!

I calculated the same numbers in this post. But if you're a non-resident wanting to apply, it'll pay itself off in a few years.

Do many hunters come back to hunt CA after moving?

Seems most if the states our kind move to have better opportunities anyway.

Yeah. That's the only way it makes sense.

If you put that money to work in the market, your business, real estate, or whatever the time frame for a resident to reach payoff is effectively never.

Do many hunters come back to hunt CA after moving?

Seems most if the states our kind move to have better opportunities anyway.
Probably not "many" but some do. I think we have pretty decent hunting here depending on what you like hunting. Do you know of a permanent license keeps you in the resident pool even if you move out?

Reactions: Rocked and Loaded

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu