NWTF Spring Turkey Tune-Up 2019

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
It's official.....The NWTF Spring Turkey Tune-Up is Feb 23rd, 2019 at Lake Sutherland.....Entrance fee is $10.00.....DFW personnel, CNF personnel, calling demonstrations, how to hunt turkeys, vendors, custom calls for sale, raffles for guns/gear, and of course, a chance to hunt the city property around the lake (7 gobblers taken last year)….Food and drinks on site....Event starts at 8:00 am.....Great time for entire family and about the only kind of event in San Diego/SoCal.

Also, patterning of shotguns and bows will be available again the year.....Bring your own ammo.....Targets will be provided.

ps....We can always use volunteers for event.

.IMG_7047.JPG

Hi all,

Just 2 weeks away....The event will take place rain or shine (predicting rain)….Raffle prices include a Stoeger 20 gauge O/U, a Mossberg 935 turkey mag, and a pig hunt at Big Horn Ranch.

$10.00 entry fee gets you at a chance to hunt the city property....PLEASE BRING CASH OR CHECK....We can not use credit card machines on the property....Also, we will have Bass Pro Shops gift cards of $25.00 for anyone who joins NWTF at the event....Your total cost for that membership will only be $10.00.

Thank you for supporting NWTF San Diego Chapter and our youth hunting programs....This event supports those efforts.

Steve

.IMG1080_154.jpg

I'll be there early...

For those that enter the hunt draw, don't forget your license and upland bird stamp!
What bird stamp and where can I purchase them and is it 1 stamp only? After we purchase our stamp where do we place it at? Its my first time doing this even dough I done dove hunting a lot and never done that.

What bird stamp and where can I purchase them and is it 1 stamp only? After we purchase our stamp where do we place it at? Its my first time doing this even dough I done dove hunting a lot and never done that.

Online licenses are purchased through:

https://www.ca.wildlifelicense.com/InternetSales/

You will need your Upland Game Bird Validation and yes you only buy it once a year. You can order the stamp but I believe they aren't sent out till July. The upland validation will be on your hunting license if purchased at the same time. If purchased separately they should just mail it out to you. Hope this helps.

You can go to any place that sells hunting license and get your upland game stamp. If you hunted dove this year you should already have your upland game stamp. That is all you need to hunt turkeys.

Relentless,

Have you done your dove hunting in California?....Like was mentioned before....You should be good to go with an upland bird validation.

PLEASE....Get a copy of the upland game hunting regulations and read it thoroughly....It will save a lot of money.

Going to try and make it out next weekend. Will you have to be present for raffles to win? Is the $10 to get into the lake area or to get in the event area? getting an idea of how much $$$$ to bring with me.

Going to try and make it out next weekend. Will you have to be present for raffles to win? Is the $10 to get into the lake area or to get in the event area? getting an idea of how much $$$$ to bring with me.

Rob,

It costs $10.00 at the upper gate that let's you in the event....That also gets you a chance at the draws at registration booth...You do have to be present to win (you can give your tickets to someone that is staying)….I wouldn't bring less than a hundski...….;)

.014.JPG

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu