NWTF Spring Turkey Tune-Up 2023

Tried to order a couple items online the other day using one of the payment plans but it keeps sending the confirmation code to a number I don't know bummer.
Weird I don't control the affirm stuff. I know a lot of people use it and like it.

Weird I don't control the affirm stuff. I know a lot of people use it and like it.
It is "shop pay" I get the same thing when I try to use it on other sites as well. I have used affirmed before with no problem just don't like using it since it is a loan program and one has to pay interest.

Reactions: warbird1944
@ilovesprig

Do you think we gonna see some dispersal soon ?

Brandon,

I don't think so...Length of days, weather, and just the hens themselves dictate this...It seems we only go a few days without cold, wet, and cloudy weather, especially at the higher elevations...Our turkeys are quite diverse...We have them at 6,000' on Palomar and we have them as low as 1,000' thru out the county...This range of weather differences will help determine when dispersal starts...The hens like warm and sunny...I see where it's suppose to rain 3 days next week.

Right now, I'm just starting to see some flocking of the hens & 2 year old+ toms (pic)...Jakes & subs will start moving around pretty soon...Which is what us hunters want...I haven't seen any breeding...So, until that starts, dispersal will be later...Gobbling was almost non existent yesterday... Today (clear) was better, but not a gobblefest either.

March 25th opener could be a good one...Pretty good carry over and a fresh crop of jakes makes for real good calling opportunities...Time will tell... ;)

IMG_0039.JPG

I was out on a drive Sunday with my wife and pup. It looked like the boys were hanging close to the ladies.

Turkey.jpg

Reactions: ilovesprig
Alright Tricer has cabins 10 & 11 Friday night. Excited to come hang out with everyone. I will bring my big grill up to make breakfast burritos Saturday morning.

Drew,

We're in cabins 13, 14, 15....Serious wild game BBQ Friday night at 13....This is going to be a blast!........:blush:

ps...Matty...Plenty of "Brown" for medicinal purposes.... ;)

.turkey opener 2021 79.JPG

I always wanted to shoot a turkey with a air rifle BB gun. Very nice posts. A turkey is still a bucket list bird fer me.

Reactions: sportyg
Sounds like a great event. Do you need to be present for the drawing if your unable to stay for the entire time?

Sounds like a great event. Do you need to be present for the drawing if your unable to stay for the entire time?

Yes, you need to be present for any of the Lake Sutherland hunts.....No, for the guided hunts on MCC..... :blush:

ps...It may be possible, if you gave your tickets & hunting license to your hunting partner for Sutherland hunts...I'll check that angle.

Reactions: sportyg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu