NWTF Youth Mentored Turkey Hunt 2019

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Well, another Santa Ysabel Preserve Mentored Turkey Hunt is in the books....3 birds were taken, there were 4 misses, a couple of kids passed on jakes, and most kids had close calls, or just didn't take the shot....I'd like to thank all the NWTF mentors that gave it their best for the kids, county parks & rec folks, and Safari Club Int. for help sponsoring this great event,

Here's a few pix from the week-end.

. 001.JPG013.JPG012.JPG010.JPG002.JPG014.JPG013.JPG

Steve,
Thanks for organizing a great event and allowing me to be a mentor. I hunted with two great young men over the weekend. Both of them polite, respectful, grateful and most importantly safe. We had a tough weekend in the 'horseshoe' area, a few faint distant gobbles, didn't see a live bird in two days of hunting. I finally found a lone turkey track late Sunday morning, but nothing else to confirm turkey activity in the area. Both youth hunters left with a smile on their face, understanding hunting is not always a guarantee, even on amazing private property. I look forward to next year!

Bryan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to mentor these two boys...I knew that area would be tough this year...Hopefully, next year the powers to be will allow us to move to another part of the preserve.

Reactions: on_point_bailey
Congrats to the kids that got to pull the trigger. Mentors great job.Love those smiles.

Great job to everyone involved! Also, who was the lucky mentor that was with Ramsay Bolton :eek::joy:? (6th pic, GOT reference for those that don't watch...)

Awesome photos. Its a great program. A thank you to everyone involved.

nice job dude!!....way to pass it on to the youngsters!! another hunter is born! lord knows we need to keep um coming!

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu