Pics of Big Small Game

Very nice photos guys. :)

I probably haven't been hunting as long as some of you all (this will be only my second full season (It will be 2 1/2 years at the end of this season)), but here are a few of my cottontail and jack rabbit photos. Most were taken with either a .22 Marauder or .25 Marauder. A few were .22 Marlin or my 12 gauge shooting #6 at 1300FPs.

This is the first jack rabbit I ever shot with my shotgun (purchased at Fine Firearms :) ):
July4_2013_JackRabbit_zps4db662cd.jpg

Jack with my .25 Marauder:
IMG_0480.jpg

Rabbits shot with .22 Marauder (my first 5 rabbit day last season (2012-2013)):
RabbitHunt_07132012.jpg

This rabbit was shot with my .22 Marauder Pistol Carbine at 30 yards:
RabbitHunt_Morn_07142012.jpg

This was the first Jack Rabbit I ever shot with my .25 Marauder (about 2 years ago):
1stJackRabbit_05282012_02_Resized.jpg

Here is a bunch or ground squirrels I exterminated with my .22 Marauder last year infesting an orange orchard:
SquirrelHunt_07142012_06.jpg

I haven't taken any photos the last 2 or 3 times I've been out this season. Mainly I've been getting used to my 12ga Remington Express Super Magnum so that I'll be ready for dove, quail and possible waterfowl season. I've been shooting my own reloads out of the shotgun too. Some 7/8oz 1250fps loads with Titewad, 1 1/8oz 1300fps loads with 800X and 1 1/8oz 1475fps loads with Longshot (using Federal Gold Medal, Remington STS and Winchester AA hulls).

It is nice to see that there are other hunters out there using air rifles for small game too (as well as shooting squirrels with sticks...impressive!).

I wish I had put my foot next to this ground squirrel. He was big. Poor fella swallowed a 40 grn pill.

Attachments

• IMAG0585.jpg
    IMAG0585.jpg
    793.9 KB · Views: 44
30-06 jack rabbits. Shot one, and waited then his buddy showed up. Minimal damage 150 coreloks

Attachments

• 20131027_085858-1.jpg
    20131027_085858-1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 40
Sigalert2012 said:
30-06 jack rabbits. Shot one, and waited then his buddy showed up. Minimal damage 150 coreloks
Hey, don't tell my wife .30-06's are good for that. I am trying to talk her into a varmint rifle ;)

Sent via Tapatalk

Bonejour said:
Sigalert2012 said:
Hey, don't tell my wife .30-06's are good for that. I am trying to talk her into a varmint rifle ;)

Sent via Tapatalk

OK Don,
If your wife catch's wind of this thread you tell her it's a safety issue.
Varmint bullets fragment after the rabbit has been hit. Those 06 bullets are still looking for another victim after the rabbit has been hit.
Or you just might have to clean the garage again or maybe build another flower bed or,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I don't know. You'll figure it out.

Lungpopper said:
Bonejour said:
Sigalert2012 said:

Sent via Tapatalk

OK Don,
If your wife catch's wind of this thread you tell her it's a safety issue.
Varmint bullets fragment after the rabbit has been hit. Those 06 bullets are still looking for another victim after the rabbit has been hit.
Or you just might have to clean the garage again or maybe build another flower bed or,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I don't know. You'll figure it out.

:D

Sent via Tapatalk

Pic of me & my friend Teddy........Circa 1956........Jacks were big in those days too........lol

Attachments

• scan045.jpg
    scan045.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 26
mangycoyote said:
Sorry didnt even noticed the jacks. That truck is SWEET!!!

Wish my family still had it........GMC's were big back in those days........ :)

Attachments

• scan048.jpg
    scan048.jpg
    430.7 KB · Views: 20
  • scan126.jpg
    scan126.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 25
  • scan046.jpg
    scan046.jpg
    470.4 KB · Views: 24
Awesome photos Steve. I love seeing stuff like this! Thanks for sharing...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu