POTUS Saving Lives

While this one was...indeed... very strong and powerful, (and believe me, I can totally see a good chunk of elderly droppin' off like flies because of this one, it indeed WAS that damn strong when it had my lungs in a death-grip. This is the worst one I've experienced yet)... my thought is, I KNOW I don't have the best immune system, AND... it hit me just after getting over what was probably the regular Flu smackin' me around first for 1.5 months first. I chalk up getting thru it to having a non-physical job, so no stressors in that regard. Being able to work from home, so I can control my normal environment. Quick access to medical care to help lessen the strain the symptoms were causing my body. But like I said... although the symptoms are serious of F*ck. I'm all over here like, if *my* immune system was able to get thru it. Then I dunno... I figure it just can't be as lethal as they are making it out to be.

And just kickin' back and watching the numbers... I dunno. I can't help get over this feeling that the strength of their governmental reaction to it just doesn't seem to add up and quite make sense, in a certain may of looking at it.

I've been mulling over some thoughts in my head about it. About why the govt reaction has been soo Draconian.

Cause you gotta figure in terms of decision making, for them... there's gotta be bottom-line maybe 3, maybe 4 main possible motivators. Cause get real, it's not like they actually emotionally *care* about the actual people who will get stricken with this sh*t.

1.) Dollars/Economy -
Perhaps... it's possible they had like this MEGA worst-case scenario, "boy crying wolf" numbers/data/projections presented to them initially by medical scientists? Cause I mean... I have a hard time seeing Trump WANTING to eff-over the Economy this hard intentionally. (Although "the haves" always do make out like bandits during economic down-turns so maybe?) I figure he's too narcissistic to want to risk being blamed for OVER-reacting, ya know? And.. I figure when the economy is doing good, "the haves" like him are more happy because people spend more in general, and "the haves" can get richer more immediately. But I'm figuring in terms of all the data and projections presented to him... that there's got to be this sort of "sweet-spot" in terms of taking certain actions at a cost, and achieving a beneficial result from those expensive actions. And it sure seems like the *duration* and depth of these current actions... when compared to possible outcome benefit, is dangerously WAY overkill in terms of expensive actions up front. (Because if you were an enemy of the US, exactly when might you think about trying to mess with us, eh?)

2.) Insurance Industry Influence perhaps? -
Other thought I had was. Assuming they got presented with data that looked like a massive amount of folks were gonna need med care or massive amount die. I got to thinking since insurance companies, massive accruers of money that they are, whenever possible, don't like having to cough up the loot. And... they make their money by virtue of a sheer numbers game. Only reason they can afford to cover some folks is because not everybody needs to make claims all at the same time. And!... when they do get overwhelmed with claims (such as Katrina, for example), they tend to come crying to the Feds that they need help/backup. So... makes me wonder if some big-money folks in the insurance game are all like "Donnie... to have any money left to kick down for your 2020 campaign, we're gonna need your help here! We can't be paying out this many life-insurance claims and medical claims all at once!!!"

3.) Perception of Strong Leadership -
Well... I could totally see The Donald as wanting to be perceived as acting "Bigly" and boldy. That would be in-line with his narcissism. And I could certainly see him touting it, and trying to take the majority of the credit, as a major bragging point on the campaign trail for 2020. (Not like I personally think he needs it, look at the looney birds he'll be going up against, are you serious?)

4.) Borrowing a Page from the Democrat Playbook possibly? -
I could also see his political strategists possibly telling him that if they went this route (extreme lockdown, etc)... how it would create a populace dependent on their governance to "save them"... so then Donnie comes along like the White-Knight passing all these off-the-hip acts (CARES, FFCRA, PPP, SBA) and then the "STIMULUS CHECKS". Cause we all know how much the Democrat userbase loves them Government checks. And how well this seems to work for that party in terms of "buying" votes, right? So heck, why not? Why wouldn't they see this whole thing as also an opportunity to do that as well? Would be a total two-fer.

And, being on lockdown, everybody then becomes soo worried about their own tomorrow, that they no longer have the time to watch-dog or think about what the govt might be doing that will have long-standing impact on all our futures. It's actually kind of genius, in one manner of thinking about it.

...Discuss!

Reactions: SASS
Yup to all of the above. No time to read it all. I have a jigsaw puzzle to work on. This is what it's come to, How sad.

Larry..are you a Covid 19 survivor? If so..please share your experience...im pretty sure many sheep are convinced they will surley die if they catch it...clearly thats not the case..

Larry..are you a Covid 19 survivor? If so..please share your experience...im pretty sure many sheep are convinced they will surley die if they catch it...clearly thats not the case..
Have not been tested for it... yet. Though I was considering doing that Red-Cross thing where they test you and you can donate blood in order to help those in a bad way in the hospital, since there's no vaccine yet, they give 'em blood from folks who've come out on the other side, so the antibodies can help them.

Not gonna lie, at its worst, the lungs part is scary bad with the Pneumonia. At the worst... I was gurgling/crackling both on inhale and exhale, even while sleeping!! And the coughing is punishing, like to the core of your being. And yeah man... you could totally feel that you weren't oxygenating well at all. Arms heavy. Lightheaded while standing, etc.

I didn't say anything to the fam, but during the worst of it... (as usual since Mama has limited skills in the kitchen, and seemingly little desire to freakin' step-up-to-the-plate in terms of taking over the home-cooking, Grrr.) here I am, standing at the stove, cooking sh*t to make sure I/we are getting the good quality food I need to fight it... with both the Promethazine/Codeine cough syrup and Benzonatate "Pearls" in my system, so I could actually go two seconds without a constant deep bronchial cough for a lil bit... and I could feel myself wanting to pass-out and had to actually concentrate on willfully breathing in as deep as I could and faster so I wouldn't pass-out. If I remember it was because something like a veg sautee was near to being done cooking, so didn't want it to burn, so had to tend to it, otherwise the rest of the time I was slumped in a kitchen table chair nearby so I could rest in-between.

And like...ya know, since I just work from home coding. I rarely will stop addressing my work duties usually. At worst if something is hammering me good, I'll maybe let my boss know I gotta lay down for a bit and just do like an hour, then get back to it. But naw man... for this one? Whoa. Yeah... during the worst of it... I had to tapout for a number of days. And like I said, that's very rare for me. But it was necessary for this one cause ya ended up having to dope up soo bad just to catch a break from the vicious coughing necessary to keep clearing out the fluid in tubes in my lungs. Cause you'd breath-in... and it'd invoke that gurgle/crackle thing... and that would set-off your bodies nerve reaction to cough and try to clear that air-way in the bronchial tubes down in their. And in a vicious cycle kinda way the coughing further irritates the inflammation in those tubes, further aggravating that nerve response. So also during that worst part of it, I was using the ADVAIR Disqus, an inhalable cortico-steriod powder delivery med. That helped calm back down the inflammation in the tubes all the coughing from the fluid was causing. Back in '06 (aka Bird Flu Era) I'd had a bad bout with the Bronchitis and that ADVAIR helped so I remembered that and asked them for it as soon as it had started going south like that in the lungs. Another big help, that I remembered to ask for, is a Z-Pac. I know, I know... it's an antibiotic, and antibiotics only kill bacteria. But... it does sorta help. So my theory is that while the virus gets in there and things start to go bad/strong, that my immune system is therefore gettin' hammered so the other things like bacteria, which who knows are probably like in there all the time anyway but probably kept in check by immune system, start to double-whammy the system in a virus/bacteria duo. All I know is the Z-Pac "helps" lessen the symptoms... but doesn't cure it.

And like even though I'm over it now. For me, with my lungs thing... it'll take another few months for absolutely all the inflammation in the tubes to be fully gone. Like I'll be sensitive to the cold air for a while afterward and it'll make me wanna cough. But you know, if you're going into the field, and it's problematic, just slip on a Balaclava and you're good to go, cause it pre-warms the air you're breathing in.

EDIT: And just so we're clear. I already told you guys I had something else hit me first. That first thing? That was something else... that one, once I was finally starting to crest the worst of that one... was coughing up large Quarter-sized chunks of "lung-butter" yellow/yellow-grey in color. And like all the docs on the front lines are saying that part is not a symptom of CoVID. Also the second time... WAY high fever on initial onset of symptoms. Didn't really eat for like 2 days. Just Iced Tea. Hardly got out of bed.

Last edited:
Thanks for the detalied response..i can only imagine the scaring of your lungs..cheese board at best? Rales..wheezing..crackling....oh man..you are definetley high risk..tell mama to step up in that damn kitchen would ya!!! Damn!

Also...on a serious note..i just got done listenting to Diary of a Madman by Ozzy in my home gym...an oldie but man what great song and album!! Randy was god on the guitar...RIP Randy Rhoads!!

RE: scarring of lungs - Yup. I can't be around smoke no mo'. The maybe 1 handful of times in the last 15 years I've allowed myself to indulge in some cannabis on special occasions when it was offered?... Yeah.. Eff me! It hurts BAD to smoke it now! (Just to clarify, not like I ever did it much) Instant harsh bad painful coughing and tearing up in eyes. Bump that! And like, if I had to guess? I'd say it'd be something like every 5 years or so that situation presents itself, at worst. But now? These days the only thing I'd consider messin' with would be an edible situation.

And I know what caused it too. The Parents smoked (cigarettes). AND... when Moms remarried, that house was in between both the Mobil, and the ARCO refineries at the Carson/Wilmington border area.

Just to give you an idea? Living in that house? When the adult neighbors would come inside and socialize? And we're talkin' like early 80's here. I remember the Dining room would fill-in with smoke from the ceiling downward to like shoulder-height... and when someone would stand up to go to the fridge or leave the room, they'd create a wake walking thru all that smoke that would fill-in to the room.

That's why I can't stand being around cigarette smokers. Like even if you just happened to have walked-past a smoker once that day... I'll smell it ALL over you. I dunno, like maybe it's my body saying "Danger! Danger!" who knows. Just is what it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: HATCHET1
Large mammals gonna take a beatin for sure..lots of down time makes for a good massacre!

Reactions: TheGDog
My daughter went into emergency at the end of Feb. with a fever and difficulty breathing, no other problems. They kept her for around eight hours while they put her on some type of respiratory treatment and gave her something for the fever. They did not think it was the flu but aside from that they did not have a answer , A few weeks later she went in for a physical and mentioned what she went through with her Dr. He felt it was likely she and her husband and both kids had it, they all had symptoms to a lesser degree. She went in yesterday and got a blood test which may tell weather she had it or not. The test came up negative, but they told her she should get test again because they could have gotten a false negative, which is not unusual. I kind of have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, if she did have it, she could have been immune from here on in, but on the other hand, they are now saying there may be long term health if they did have it. Bottom line, there is still a lot of guessing going on. Everyone stay safe. this too will pass.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu