Question for the Glass geeks out there..

Great read...it should get his head spinning ...attention span of a nat..ha!!...Grandpa Hatchet said it best..
"You know ...them boys
Sure do have strong backs..but weak minds"...LOL..

• Haha
Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
My 2 cents…. I hate to sound like a snob saying “swaro” but hear me out. I have hunted with Vortex Nightforce and Swaro spotters. There is a reasonable difference between Vortex and NF. Similar priced but Nightforce definitely does a better job. We then spotted a Coues buck in my Swaros buried in cactus … knowing where the buck was we tried to view him in the NF. We could NOT make the buck out through the cactus. A clear tangible difference that made the difference in our hunt. JT was able to connect with the buck. And if he sees this tread he can comment. Bottom line is I will not hunt with anything else. I would rather have the very best glass and a crappy 6.5 creed… than a custom rifle and mediocre glass….

My 2 cents…. I hate to sound like a snob saying “swaro” but hear me out. I have hunted with Vortex Nightforce and Swaro spotters. There is a reasonable difference between Vortex and NF. Similar priced but Nightforce definitely does a better job. We then spotted a Coues buck in my Swaros buried in cactus … knowing where the buck was we tried to view him in the NF. We could NOT make the buck out through the cactus. A clear tangible difference that made the difference in our hunt. JT was able to connect with the buck. And if he sees this tread he can comment. Bottom line is I will not hunt with anything else. I would rather have the very best glass and a crappy 6.5 creed… than a custom rifle and mediocre glass….

Spot on, but easy on the creed bashin lol

Reactions: ilovesprig

I hate reading stuff like that... you know why lol.

I've been trying to justify a NL Pure purchase for a while now...

Don't know how I ever killed anything with the old Bushnell's and the Win Mod 70 30-06....Now, i'm one of those guys with the Swarovski glass and a crappy 6.5 CM... :joy:

I like swaros, but recoil makes me feel better about myself so I avoid the creed. A custom 338 RUM is where the fun is at!

Don't know how I ever killed anything with the old Bushnell's and the Win Mod 70 30-06....Now, i'm one of those guys with the Swarovski glass and a crappy 6.5 CM... :joy:
Still have a weaver K4 on my first rifle..win mdl 70 in 270 .. featherweight..that gun still barks!! .

Well..he went with the Leupold 20..60.85...Now..to get him set up with a solid tripod and head...that think is a beast!! Need a solid pole...and head...Whatcha got fellas?

I like um... thinking he gonna need the beefyest one they make along with a head to match...thoughts?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu