Rattle snakes

Had this guy by me yesterday. This is the kind I like to have around my shop. He must been hypnotized by the light.
dc7ac81fbdfee458c0613cfb820a5ed9.jpg
f8f2b58ead70a9bd120b0376e874623d.jpg
b5c5727b1c7ae2e66823724bcd057bab.jpg
de6f929a2295e3cdfd3b72e76409178a.jpg
24e7982f0c39c60fb47c2e8e9ab8943b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That's a California king snake. They will eat the rats and mice. I have one in my backyard I'm hoping they'll get the squirrels.

Reactions: CAL'NDN
Walking to the bathroom at medota last year. This is healed but he bit me twice.i didnt realize it cause i was walking in tall grass and bumpy ground but i remember i almost rolled my ankle.got back to the truck and my leg got itchy and i saw the marks.they were pretty deep.where it ate flesh.barely broke the skin.0314201509.jpggood thing i had thick socks and fleece lined pants.

Walking to the bathroom at medota last year. This is healed but he bit me twice.i didnt realize it cause i was walking in tall grass and bumpy ground but i remember i almost rolled my ankle.got back to the truck and my leg got itchy and i saw the marks.they were pretty deep.where it ate flesh.barely broke the skin.View attachment 44453good thing i had thick socks and fleece lined pants.
Dam man, did you get the anti venom shots

Damn Lee that's too many!

If you do get bit circle the bite/swollen area write the time down on the skin check it and circle it as it grows with time stamps as needed.

After a hunt I was hanging out near the campfire. I hear leaves russling behind the oak tree and it's coming right to us......it clears the tree and sure enough it's a rattler

I had a guy get bit on a Tejon POR who said he had a strange taste in his mouth almost at once after the bite, thank God we were close to the road. They Helo him to the hospital, it was going that bad real quick.

I'd also mention get the rattler vaccine for the dogs. I had an 18-lb jagd terrier get a blind strike while running by one, she lived with very little side affects. But she could not get the shot ever again due to the amount of venom in her system. They said over time it should fad away but I never bothered with it again. She was a rattler Bay dog after the bite incident.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu