RE: SHINGLES VACCINE - Maybe wait until after hunting season is over.

I'm thinking a sporter weight 257 Weatherby built on a blueprinted model 700 action with a 26" barrel, Mcmillan stock , leupold scope 4-12, and I dont what trigger yet.
ummm 6.5CM just called and said " oh no you didn't just say 257"

Reactions: TRICER
i have really only used one cal for the small amounts of game we harvest..ands its the 257wbymag... ive tried them all..but the go to is the wby..menacing..

i have really only used one cal for the small amounts of game we harvest..ands its the 257wbymag... ive tried them all..but the go to is the wby..menacing..
My 308 has killed every deer dead.
And it's cheap. Ammo every where.
Just shoot them in the throat ka pow
And it's dead

ummm how do i shoot them in the throat when they are running from the truck. The ass shot seems to be my best option

I gotta try that truck thing next time...ass shots are something i need to work on.

Nothing but love for my 257...its a very well documented killer for sure,so much so, i have 3 different variables of it!...so is my truck..lol

My closest Texas heart shots was a few inches to the right. My first pig about 200 yards running away found the bullet in his throat. It’s not my go to but a 165g ttsx will put em down. That’s the entrance those copper bullets do some damage to bone.
8FB7A1AE-9ED7-4740-8B2B-015F582C43D2.jpegD304C859-3497-4646-B795-EE2A8724979C.jpeg

Last edited:
Putting bullets in large mammals is off the charts cool. Nice job dude! All pigs must die.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu