Remington 1100 Problem

Have you ever seen Jim Shockey and Garlicsalt Jr in the same room?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can't speak for the newer 1100 but I know one I had in the 70's is at the bottom of a river in Mex. I hated that POS.
It was probably whatever crappy shells they gave you in Mexico. You don’t have to be Garlicsalt Jr to know that the 1100 is the greatest shotgun known to man. Four generations of 527s have crushed birds with 1100s. How many of you can say the same about your preferred semi?

It was probably whatever crappy shells they gave you in Mexico. You don’t have to be Garlicsalt Jr to know that the 1100 is the greatest shotgun known to man. Four generations of 527s have crushed birds with 1100s. How many of you can say the same about your preferred semi?
Never bought ammo in Mex. 1100 were crap back then. Three of us got them about the same time, crap. Might be better today, but I don't want to find out. I think the 870 is the best. Like a Timex, take a lickin and keep tickin.

ok is hunter527 the new improved Larry, I spitting my coffee reading these post, no insult intended Hunter527, I think your post are entertaining.
also wearing safety glasses would be a excellent idea. buy a left handed shotgun, it would resolve your issue.
Larry could never be improved on. But, he is a close second.

Lefty shooting a right hand auto, you might be lucky that's the worst thing that happened. I made my grandson, who is a lefty, learn to shot right hand. But he is young so he caught on real fast.

Reactions: Rocked and Loaded
What else could happen?
With fire arms there are a lot of things that can go south in a hurry. In your case, maybe the shell ejecting and hitting you in the face. No major issue but not pleasant.. I shoot over under so what do I know. Well, the high power semi autos my friend let me shoot ( I don't own any fire arms myself) could be a bitch.

With fire arms there are a lot of things that can go south in a hurry. In your case, maybe the shell ejecting and hitting you in the face. No major issue but not pleasant.. I shoot over under so what do I know. Well, the high power semi autos my friend let me shoot ( I don't own any fire arms myself) could be a bitch.
I’ve never had a shell eject back towards my face. There are a lot of things that can go south but I can’t think of any that would be caused by shooting a right handed gun left handed, other than unspent powder which is fixed with glasses.

Shooting bird s right-handed and left eye dominant is not uncommon you should be shooting birds with both eyes open anyways have you tried it....... I don't like the taste of gunpowder and my face on the same side as the action, just too risky for my good looks!

Bird talk...I love it!! Making my covid days enjoyable fellas...I wanna thank you all for that.

11'87's have a gas seal and wiper under the front hand guard. Make sure its installed correctly. And, you replace them periodically. Brownells sells em for like 8 bucks.

Had an 870 express forever....it's killed a bird or 2...I like the 870..did ya know it can shoot 3 inchers? When I duck.. I shoot 3 inchers...oh dolly do I ever..

Been having a back and forth with Larry , aka, Larry, over at the slide. He said he loves the 16. He also said he almost drown in the 11 during a downpour back in 2015. Not really sure how that came up.

Been having a back and forth with Larry , aka, Larry, over at the slide. He said he loves the 16. He also said he almost drown in the 11 during a downpour back in 2015. Not really sure how that came up.
Man miss Larry and his stories..say hi to the fella for me would ya?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu