Remington 1100 Problem

Have you ever seen Jim Shockey and Garlicsalt Jr in the same room?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Had an 870 express forever....it's killed a bird or 2...I like the 870..did ya know it can shoot 3 inchers? When I duck.. I shoot 3 inchers...oh dolly do I ever..
That’s the primary reason I own an 870. The 1100 could only take shorties and I wanted to get into turkey hunting. Plus it’s a 20g which compounds the issue of finding suitable turkey loads.

Hard to beat a 12g 870 for versatility. I still prefer the 1100 for dove and rabbit though and I’ll use it for quail when I start that.

That’s the primary reason I own an 870. The 1100 could only take shorties and I wanted to get into turkey hunting. Plus it’s a 20g which compounds the issue of finding suitable turkey loads.

Hard to beat a 12g 870 for versatility. I still prefer the 1100 for dove and rabbit though and I’ll use it for quail when I start that.
Yup!

Reactions: GUNDOGLOVER49
Ever thought of digging a pond on the 2 acres for ducks?
Sadly...we do have a couple ponds.plus some river bottom.. I just don't like to touch ducks...gross..but it did help put my daughter thru college.

Lefty shooting a right hand auto, you might be lucky that's the worst thing that happened. I made my grandson, who is a lefty, learn to shot right hand. But he is young so he caught on real fast.
Are you trying to ruin him before he gets started. With wing shooting and quick reaction his dominant eye will take over and your just screwing him up making him shoulder the gun right handed.

I'm a lefty all my bolt actions are lefty but I never even thought about a left handed shot gun. I've experienced the powder burn described in the OP I would suggest using the Mobil one as lube it wont break down as fast as some of the cheaper spray lubes that will gum up with the carbon of a gas gun. But 1100's do suck my Weatherby SA-08 has never burnt my eyes.

Love the hearing and eye protection. Oh, and standing ahead of the shooter. Sweet video.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu