Sacramento area

I stopped hunting for a while ,due rough times in the 90's recession,got hit hard with military & commercial contracts being canceled,
I was focused with putting a roof over our heads, and making sure family was fed, but long story short , started hunting again at 50
and point of this 15 years went by like a blink, what the hell happened. went by so fast it made my head spin like a cartoon.:sob:
but never stopped fishing, great times, thats when I had to sell my 18-1/2 ft cuddy cabin, offshore fishing boat, 70 HP 3 cyl johnson.
it would go to the coronado islands (mexico) on a 5 gal. tank of gas. all I had was water proof nautical map, and a compass.
some time head west out of point loma , san diego ca, hit the 9 mils bank for tuna, yellow tail, and mahi mahi. or any thing biting.. o_O
seen lots of crazy sea life, fishing a floating kelp paties, a big moa (sun fish poke his head out , eye ball us lol. thing was huge,
had several pods of dolpin swim around us , the depth finder (fish finder) have tuna following them 20-30 ft below.
at las I had to sell it to pay bills.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigfin and CAL'NDN
It’s great to be on this site with you all. I too hope the libtard snowflakes don’t come over here especially reel deal. Some don’t know but it was his posts that got the camp fire board shut down and it was his final nazi racist crazy posts that got the whole FS shut down. He’s a nut job lunatic. I’m hoping this site increases the number of fishing forums. A lot of people would like to see that. Individual forums like Trout fishing, Bass fishing, Striper fishing, Fly fishing. And a few more. I may formalize a suggestion to those in charge of these forums. Hoping to get out fishing soon in my new kayak. Never fished from a yak, actually never been in a yak. Spent plenty of time in a canoe but never a yak. Tight lines!

Okie is here he just not sure he said if the wanted a bunch of jokes I said just ask em. Who don't like jokes. DON I Invited the old timers like water dog ,Capt, MkE prettyman told them spread the word. Then the next day it was closed up air tight. And like muley said he didnt keep his word.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Goes to show ya what type of person he is cant keep his word !!!

Ok that was supposed to be a in the tapatalk thread opps. I did that from the site hey it was easy posting a pic from the site that's cool just still harder to navigate.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I stopped hunting for a while ,due rough times in the 90's recession,got hit hard with military & commercial contracts being canceled,
I was focused with putting a roof over our heads, and making sure family was fed, but long story short , started hunting again at 50
and point of this 15 years went by like a blink, what the hell happened. went by so fast it made my head spin like a cartoon.:sob:
but never stopped fishing, great times, thats when I had to sell my 18-1/2 ft cuddy cabin, offshore fishing boat, 70 HP 3 cyl johnson.
it would go to the coronado islands (mexico) on a 5 gal. tank of gas. all I had was water proof nautical map, and a compass.
some time head west out of point loma , san diego ca, hit the 9 mils bank for tuna, yellow tail, and mahi mahi. or any thing biting.. o_O
seen lots of crazy sea life, fishing a floating kelp paties, a big moa (sun fish poke his head out , eye ball us lol. thing was huge,
had several pods of dolpin swim around us , the depth finder (fish finder) have tuna following them 20-30 ft below.
at las I had to sell it to pay bills.
Yep thats how I learned to be a Bird Watcher !!! Cow Pattie hopping . I was like you do what ? Fish and look for Kelp Patties , And Birds
Now when freshwater fishing my best friends are the cormorants . We call them Redneck Fish Finders!!! Did you ever experience fishing Tuna and hooking up only to reel them in and only get the head ??

Yup you have to click on them to see them well make em big enough for me to see. Ok so how do you get it to show last post first? I don't want have to click through the pages to see the latest post that I have already read all of.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Yep thats how I learned to be a Bird Watcher !!! Cow Pattie hopping . I was like you do what ? Fish and look for Kelp Patties , And Birds
Now when freshwater fishing my best friends are the cormorants . We call them Redneck Fish Finders!!! Did you ever experience fishing Tuna and hooking up only to reel them in and only get the head ??
You bet, dang seals and not as often sharks.
You are right , look for the birds, then the bait and fish swirls, big fish breaking surface . Fish on. When the fish are swirling it just go nuts.

Reactions: CAL'NDN
I think papagreg had hard time also like Merle I think it's just all you old farts forget to put your readers on and can't pick out the letters and stoplight pictures to prove your not robots. Dang I better quit it I'm 50 now and right behind you old duff's.

LOL,I think readers are the only thing I don't need yet................:D

• Haha
Reactions: Bigfin

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu