Santa Ysabel Youth Mentored Turkey Hunt 2019

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
The 9th annual NWTF/SCI sponsored turkey hunt on the Santa Ysabel East Preserve is March 23rd & 24th....The drawing is March 2nd at the Ramona Senior Center in Ramona....The seminar, rules & regs, and drawing for the 20 spots starts at 9:00 am....PLEASE bring your child's current hunting license....If they are drawn, then both the adult and the youth hunter will have to be members of NWTF (insurance)….If you're already a member, please bring your membership card....Each child will have a mentor from NWTF....42 kids in the draw last year....So your chances of getting drawn are almost 50/50....There were 5 gobblers shot last year (bearded hens are no Bueno).

No cost and I normally dry to have calls and a how to hunt turkeys book for each of the kids.....See you on the 2nd.

Steve

smack um down stevo...I,ll sitting in the truck while my 3 knuckleheads chase toms for their last season as junior hunters ..man the time flys...Kleenex please..

Don't forget folks....If you have youth hunters who want a great chance at a gobbler....The draw is this Saturday....March 2nd....Event starts at 9:00 am at the Ramona Senior Center in Ramona....Must be present....Must have youth hunting license....Must be a member of NWTF, if drawn.

snuck up on me. got to get my kids their hunter education taken care of....

Is it just a sign of the times?....After a great turn-out for the spring turkey tune-up....We only got 25 kids to sign up for the youth mentored turkey hunt in Santa Ysabel East Preserve....Hey, at least the odds were really good....lol

Is it just a sign of the times?....After a great turn-out for the spring turkey tune-up....We only got 25 kids to sign up for the youth mentored turkey hunt in Santa Ysabel East Preserve....Hey, at least the odds were really good....lol
Wish we could have made it Steve. I have to take a class with my wife youth opener. We will be there next year. I was gonna have Barry take them again but in the end we didn’t come up.

Even with only 25 kids she still didn't get drawn. And that's with 2 alternates. Next year. Now we just hope the weather will let the hunts go on.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu