Shot a few

Lungpopper said:
Bonejour said:
Nice haul. Way to go guys, everybody wins but the birds

The way these birds are multiplying. I think they may be winning.
Those birds are winning for sure. It's crazy how many their are in imperial valley

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Walmart cases is all I use in the dove I'm glad the price I down from 28-20 a brick. Not bad stuff for 5 bucks a box. I'm heading down soon to get my share. I love seeing all the recent Picts keep them comming.

Beware of the Walmart Winchester white box. It has serious issues in many guns including pumps. It is cheap for a reason...trust me.

NBK said:
Beware of the Walmart Winchester white box. It has serious issues in many guns including pumps. It is cheap for a reason...trust me.
Used to buy these because they were cheap and accessible, but I started having more extraction problems with my 870 while using the WWB from Walmart. I know my 870 tends to stick when hot anyway but I noticed its way worse when using WWB shells.

NBK said:

The ones I bought the other day were Federal, black box.

SurfNHuntSD said:
NBK said:
Used to buy these because they were cheap and accessible, but I started having more extraction problems with my 870 while using the WWB from Walmart. I know my 870 tends to stick when hot anyway but I noticed its way worse when using WWB shells.

x2. Won't touch these loads. They jam up more than any round I've used in my 870. I'd have to rip the brass off the round and finger out the shell or take the gun apart in the field. Not my idea of a fun time.

8SteelTown said:
SurfNHuntSD said:
NBK said:

x2. Won't touch these loads. They jam up more than any round I've used in my 870. I'd have to rip the brass off the round and finger out the shell or take the gun apart in the field. Not my idea of a fun time.

X3.....Wal-Mart Winchester shells are crap!......The one's for $19.95 are Federal. A little slow at 1200 fps, but a quality 1 1/8 oz shell. And 7 1/2's are always the right size pellet IMO.

I shoot a pump (No jams )and we are talking about doves here. When my shot starts bouncing off I'll switch.

yea i wont buy or use the winchester universals they really suck the federals work great in all my sgottys pumps breaks and auto loaders and i can even reload them with a nice shooting 1.25 oz load that patterns well for my guns and has a huge spread

ilovesprig said:
8SteelTown said:
SurfNHuntSD said:
NBK said:

X3.....Wal-Mart Winchester shells are crap!......The one's for $19.95 are Federal. A little slow at 1200 fps, but a quality 1 1/8 oz shell. And 7 1/2's are always the right size pellet IMO.
Steve, are they still on the shelves in San Marcos? For you SD people, there is still a lot left at the Clairemont Mesa Blvd store.

Sent via Tapatalk

Baldkrash said:
Can I get a link to the article on the euros?

Can't seem to find it (it was sent to me)......This explains a lot about the expansion of euros.....

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDsQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.nature.org%2Fscience%2F2014%2F02%2F18%2Feurasian-collared-dove-bird-count%2F&ei=J5_IU7OlF4u7oQSBs4HYAw&usg=AFQjCNG8t2uoG9vaCAP_NOlqt7IA9ud_Mw&sig2=0whE_38lhbmkccXYwbeo_Q&bvm=bv.71198958,d.cGU

Any one been to imperial recently for euros? I had to reschedule my trip down today. I'll be doing a 2 day next weekend any recent info.

uplandfam said:
Any one been to imperial recently for euros? I had to reschedule my trip down today. I'll be doing a 2 day next weekend any recent info.

I have go kill

I figured tey are everywhere just checking. I don't want to get there then read they all left for some stupid reason.

hahahaha how In the do you guys tell the difference when the birds are flying that is freaking good shooting. my eyes are not good enough to tell the difference. any how good F N shooting. good take.

Ghost said:
hahahaha how In the do you guys tell the difference when the birds are flying that is freaking good shooting. my eyes are not good enough to tell the difference. any how good F N shooting. good take.

Mornings have a long pointy tail euros is square. White wings have the white stripe and there beaks are longer

Sdbirds said:
Ghost said:

Mornings have a long pointy tail euros is square. White wings have the white stripe and there beaks are longer
Correct me if I'm wrong but also aren't euros tail feathers white at the ends? Ghost Don't forget euros have a black ring around the neck if you shot a bird and are worried whether or not it's legal. Also don't go out just because you can't tell em apart find some one who can and hunt with them. If your still not sure if it's legal when a bird comes in don't shoot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still there!

75 euros 1 shooter 2 dogs nice breeze of 10-25 102deg at shoot time...97 now heading home!

Oh ya 12 roosters in the open.......it's gonna be a great year!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 16
Geeze Mark............Save me a few.............lol

The 3 doves plus an Imperial Valley Grand Slam.........Euro, white-winged, mourning, & rock doves.

Attachments

• IMG_4061.JPG
    IMG_4061.JPG
    705.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7687.JPG
    IMG_7687.JPG
    273.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7817.JPG
    IMG_7817.JPG
    366.5 KB · Views: 14
  • dove opener 9-1-11 029.JPG
    dove opener 9-1-11 029.JPG
    951.1 KB · Views: 16

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu