Snake Gaurds

Auguie

Nov 20, 2019
Should i buy Snake Guards for this hunting season. I plan to hunting SoCal brushland for quail.

I recommend using snake gaiters. I’ve worn snake boots for the past two seasons. The first season I wore them I had a snake pass right in front of my feet and barely avoided stepping on it. Luckily it wasn’t a rattler and it didn’t bite me. Last month I picked up some snake gaiters by Knight and Hale because I bought some eight inch insulated boots for my elk hunt and I’m going to break them in scouting for deer here in SoCal. I recommend Knight and Hale snake gaiters because they have polycarbonate sheets inside the fabric, which seem like they would provide extra protection. A few other brands just have fabric without the polycarbonate. I bought a pair by Scentblocker that didn’t have polycarbonate but that was before I found Knight and Hale’s snake gaiters. I’m keeping my Scentblocker gaiters as a spare now that I have the Knight and Hale gaiters.

Turtleskin Gators and never look back......look on landscaper sites for a good price.

I've owned mine over 15yrs, never tested them but I enjoy hunting in snake country with no worries, plus they're great on walking through thick brush

Turtleskin Gators and never look back......look on landscaper sites for a good price.

I've owned mine over 15yrs, never tested them but I enjoy hunting in snake country with no worries, plus they're great on walking through thick brush
Why are Turtleskin gaiters so expensive? I’ve seen a few different brands that are around $40 and then I saw Turtleskin is $160. There must be something about them that will make people choose them over the $40 ones.

I use Rattler Brand gaiters...I've had them for at least 5 years...Still in good shape and many miles turkey hunting...Around 60 bucks.

.IMG_1096.JPG

I almost bought turtle skins but I couldn't find any hard evidence or proof of someone getting bit with them on or even any quality real demonstrations showing them work. I'm not saying they don't. I certainly hope they do as they look to be much more comfortable than anything else out there. I'm just a skeptic and don't take chances when it comes to rattlesnakes, so I ended up going with the snake guardz. This demonstration sold me. I have not seen another manufacturer go to these lengths and it sure impressed me.

Last edited:
Why are Turtleskin gaiters so expensive? I’ve seen a few different brands that are around $40 and then I saw Turtleskin is $160. There must be something about them that will make people choose them over the $40 ones.

Comfort, low noise & they work

I asked a surveyor in the back country once had he tested them......he said twice a week he gets hit. Fuck that job

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu