Swaro NL Pure

JakeSCH

Oct 16, 2017
Who is going to get them? I love the idea of only running a chest 12x42 (especially with the same FOV of the EL 10x42) but I still struggle with the idea of leaving the big glass at home.

If I was elk hunting, no problem but man around here our deer are just a tad bigger the coues.

Reactions: Wildgame

Aeon

just a dude who duck hunts
Feb 16, 2011
disclaimer... i am still hunting with my mega beat up 28 year old 8x42 slc swaros. I think i just got done paying them off. i actually ordered them on the phone( the one connected to the wall) from cabelas.

if you are going to dump 3k plus into new glass get one with built in ranging. The EL range or the geovids would be my two choices.

I do not get the high power bino thing going on. even with 12 power you cant glass the same way you do with a spotting scope. The versatility of 8 power inside of 200 yards out weights a very very slight disadvantage at 1000 yards. past that you should be on the spotting scope if you are trying to pick out critters under a bush chewing cud.

Kellendv

Dec 26, 2013
Who is going to get them? I love the idea of only running a chest 12x42 (especially with the same FOV of the EL 10x42) but I still struggle with the idea of leaving the big glass at home.

If I was elk hunting, no problem but man around here our deer are just a tad bigger the coues.
I have no plans to switch. To me the idea of going to a 12 instead of a 10 and 15 combo is only appealing in a solo, deep mileage backpacking trip scenario. While I do usually pack a deer out solo every year, I also usually find those deer with my 15’s on a day hunt. I also think if you’re already running top of the line glass.... you’re going to pay a hefty penalty for what is going to be an incremental improvement. If I was just getting into that upper class of glass, it would definitely be something to consider.

Reactions: DoubleTrouble

Chris240

Jul 18, 2016
I run the 12x EL, and a ATX 85mm. And I never leave camp without my spotter. EVERY SINGLE TIME I leave my spotter at camp I regret it!

JakeSCH

Oct 16, 2017
I have no plans to switch. To me the idea of going to a 12 instead of a 10 and 15 combo is only appealing in a solo, deep mileage backpacking trip scenario. While I do usually pack a deer out solo every year, I also usually find those deer with my 15’s on a day hunt. I also think if you’re already running top of the line glass.... you’re going to pay a hefty penalty for what is going to be an incremental improvement. If I was just getting into that upper class of glass, it would definitely be something to consider.
For sure, I am still debating throwing a spotter in the mix. I sold my last one because I truly hated those 4 extra lbs on a packout.

HATCHET1

"yes,it killed the hound..ferocious bitch she was"
Aug 2, 2013
Amd make sure you get the window mount for the truck...trust me ..it works great and has paid for its self an ungodly amount of times.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu