Swaro NL Pure

JakeSCH

Oct 16, 2017
Who is going to get them? I love the idea of only running a chest 12x42 (especially with the same FOV of the EL 10x42) but I still struggle with the idea of leaving the big glass at home.

If I was elk hunting, no problem but man around here our deer are just a tad bigger the coues.

Reactions: Wildgame
I'll be sticking to my 10x42 EL's....Why leave big glass at home?

weight, especially while backpack hunting. Saving 3lbs is a lot! Not as big of a deal going in, but when bringing the meat out.

disclaimer... i am still hunting with my mega beat up 28 year old 8x42 slc swaros. I think i just got done paying them off. i actually ordered them on the phone( the one connected to the wall) from cabelas.

if you are going to dump 3k plus into new glass get one with built in ranging. The EL range or the geovids would be my two choices.

I do not get the high power bino thing going on. even with 12 power you cant glass the same way you do with a spotting scope. The versatility of 8 power inside of 200 yards out weights a very very slight disadvantage at 1000 yards. past that you should be on the spotting scope if you are trying to pick out critters under a bush chewing cud.

Who is going to get them? I love the idea of only running a chest 12x42 (especially with the same FOV of the EL 10x42) but I still struggle with the idea of leaving the big glass at home.

If I was elk hunting, no problem but man around here our deer are just a tad bigger the coues.

I have no plans to switch. To me the idea of going to a 12 instead of a 10 and 15 combo is only appealing in a solo, deep mileage backpacking trip scenario. While I do usually pack a deer out solo every year, I also usually find those deer with my 15’s on a day hunt. I also think if you’re already running top of the line glass.... you’re going to pay a hefty penalty for what is going to be an incremental improvement. If I was just getting into that upper class of glass, it would definitely be something to consider.

Reactions: DoubleTrouble
I run the 12x EL, and a ATX 85mm. And I never leave camp without my spotter. EVERY SINGLE TIME I leave my spotter at camp I regret it!

Reactions: stikbrandon
I have no plans to switch. To me the idea of going to a 12 instead of a 10 and 15 combo is only appealing in a solo, deep mileage backpacking trip scenario. While I do usually pack a deer out solo every year, I also usually find those deer with my 15’s on a day hunt. I also think if you’re already running top of the line glass.... you’re going to pay a hefty penalty for what is going to be an incremental improvement. If I was just getting into that upper class of glass, it would definitely be something to consider.

For sure, I am still debating throwing a spotter in the mix. I sold my last one because I truly hated those 4 extra lbs on a packout.

Amd make sure you get the window mount for the truck...trust me ..it works great and has paid for its self an ungodly amount of times.

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD
Following up on this. Anyone local pick up a pair of NL's? I would love to look at a pair of 8x or 10x to compare to my el's. I'll bring the beer

Reactions: KoozeDeer
There are no substitutes for Swaro 15's. Once you have spent some time behind them there is no going back. 8 or 10's on the chest and 15's in the pack. I couldn't imagine leaving them home.

Reactions: Muley Buck
There are no substitutes for Swaro 15's. Once you have spent some time behind them there is no going back. 8 or 10's on the chest and 15's in the pack. I couldn't imagine leaving them home.

yeah I would agree. I am more thinking about upgrading my chest binos to NL Pure.

Anyone running Maven B2? I don’t have “nice” binos so I’m starting to shop around for something a bit higher-end. I’ve got 10x42 Diamondbacks right now that have been decent but not anything to write home about. I have been thinking of getting a higher power set for open country and the tripod and an 8x set for heavier cover and those longer hikes.

The Vortex UHD is the least expensive bino I would recommend. Aside from that I would look for a pair of used Swaros. You can often get a pair around 2000-2200$
Anyone running Maven B2? I don’t have “nice” binos so I’m starting to shop around for something a bit higher-end. I’ve got 10x42 Diamondbacks right now that have been decent but not anything to write home about. I have been thinking of getting a higher power set for open country and the tripod and an 8x set for heavier cover and those longer hikes.

Reactions: CLarson757

I love my B2’s. Main difference between them and my el 8.5x42’s is depth of field. Mine are in for repair (chipped objective from dropping on rock).

when they get back I can let you borrow them.

Reactions: CLarson757
I love my B2’s. Main difference between them and my el 8.5x42’s is depth of field. Mine are in for repair (chipped objective from dropping on rock).

when they get back I can let you borrow them.

I ended up ordering some B2s from their demo program. I’m going to give them a shot for a few weeks. I’m not sure which model/ magnification I’ll like best but I’ve got some time before season.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu