Take the "what gauge shotgun do you use for upland game" Poll...

What gauge shotgun do you use for upland game hunting?

• 12 Gauge

Votes: 56 76.7%
  • 16 Gauge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20 Gauge

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • 28 Gauge

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • .410 Gauge

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
Let's hear what type and gauge shotgun you use for your upland game hunting...

Browning sweet 20 and Benelli M-2 20................... ;D

Attachments

• pheasant,dove,deer nov 10-14 014.JPG
    pheasant,dove,deer nov 10-14 014.JPG
    631.2 KB · Views: 47
  • pheasant,dove,deer nov 10-14 021.JPG
    pheasant,dove,deer nov 10-14 021.JPG
    516.7 KB · Views: 56
  • opening dove 2012 006.JPG
    opening dove 2012 006.JPG
    500.6 KB · Views: 323
I like your Browning...I have 3 of them. ;) I had the Benelli M2 20 and sold it. Not a big fan (it is super light though). I am shooting a Beretta AL391 Teknys and it has become my favorite.

20ga 24" citori lightning ---- quail gun, light and swings fast
12ga super90 montifeltro 21" upland barrel, ---most everything dies with this gun
94982af4.jpg
abcf128b.jpg

Re: Take the "what gauge shotgun do you use for upland game" Poll...

I like Remington 870s in 12 gauge it's a good deal and I can use it for just about anything it's great to have a versatile gun in my opinion. With just a different load I can go from upland and small game to waterfowl to predators to turkey's and even big game if I really wanted although I never have. Then again I don't know much about shotguns I've only shot 3 mine my dad's friends and one at Boy Scout camp all 870s in 12 gauge

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12GA 26" Browning Maxus. I use it for everything and just change out the load/choke based on what I'm targeting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    491.1 KB · Views: 45
Too each his own on shotguns.......Kind of like baseball bats......What feels good to me, may not feel good to another.....Killed a lot of stuff with my old 870.........The Browning Humpy was my dads. I actually shot my 1st limit of chukar with it in 1965......... ;)

I now like Benelli SBE's for turkeys & fowl.....My daughter got her 1st turkey this year with the same Benelli M-2..... ;D

Attachments

• IMG_6921.JPG
    IMG_6921.JPG
    690.4 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG0127_013.jpg
    IMG0127_013.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 372
I love the 12. My wife shoots 20g Simi auto gas gun and it nice but not for me

I've got a few but my fav is the remington model 58 skeet grade from the 1950's for all my upland. It's 26" Simi auto gas operated and heavy with a nice new kick eas pad with a skeet choke
No kick ad shoots all day no problem swings great as well

Shotguns are special, they need to fit, I'm old and consequently have owned a few, The best auto loader I've used is a Benelli m1 super 90, on waterfowl in the deke's it's devastating, some may shoot softer but if you keep your head down its one of the best. Upland is a different deal, These days I have been working with a Beretta a Silverhawk side by side 20 with "28's and a Beretta 391 youth model with a 24" I'm liking both.

I own 3 shotguns, 2 of which actually work. My 870 has been converted to a defense-type configuration, so it only gets used at the range. In October 2010, I bought a Beretta 3901 from Fine Firearms in La Mesa, and I shoot it better than any shotgun I've ever owned. Therefore, it gets used for ALL bird hunting, whether it's upland or wetland or turkey.

I'm using the invincible Benelli Nova in 20 gauge. I got tired of lugging around my mossberg silver reserve 12 gauge. I'm hoping this is the season it gets its first gobbler!

My trusty ol' Remington 870. I forgot got how long the tube is but its really long about 26" I am guessing but dammn that thing cycles smooth. ;D

Re: Take the "what gauge shotgun do you use for upland game" Poll...

Great, great thread gentlemen. Looking forward to using my 12G Beretta 391 Xtrema as soon as I get back from this pig hunt! I bought two bricks of those Federal shells last week, ready to go.

Sent via Tapatalk

Hello how are you I am 13 years old and i wounder if you know of any quail hunting spots and the reason why I ask is because I don't have very much luck and because I see you got your limit on quail.

PS I am the kid that comes into finefirearms with my dad and my brother.

Welcome to the forum Dusty! There are some good quail areas in the Imperial Valley where agriculture meets the deserts edge. There are also some areas in the local mountains as well. Have your dad help you get a map that shows where water guzzlers are. That is usually where the quail hang out...

Keep reading and asking questions. ;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu