Take the "what gauge shotgun do you use for upland game" Poll...

What gauge shotgun do you use for upland game hunting?

• 12 Gauge

Votes: 56 76.7%
  • 16 Gauge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20 Gauge

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • 28 Gauge

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • .410 Gauge

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Usually I go to the Montifeltro for Dove opener, Once in a while I slide out the Wingmaster. I have always wanted a .410 OU for doves and Quail, so I will be in the market for one after deer season passes. In March I pull out the Mossberg 835 Ultimag. I love shot guns, all shot guns.

I love my Remi 870 20g, first gun I ever owned. My wife will use it now that I got a Beretta Outlander 12g. I'm itchin' to drop some sky rats!

I use my Remington 870 Super Magnum in 12ga that I purchased at Fine Firearms.

I love this shotgun. I've used it for everything from dove, quail and chukar to duck. It has also taken a fair amount of cottontail and jack rabbits too. :)

The kid uses an 870 and I use my old Winchester 12 gauge Ranger 1300. In the pic she is used a 20 gauge and did great on her first pheasent hunt.

Attachments

• DSC_0174.JPG
    DSC_0174.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 41
as kid I did work for my neighbour to trade for a 12 Gauge winchester Model 50 semi with full choke.
I still have it & still use it., It has bagged rabbits, Pheasant, quail, Dove. & Rattle snakes over the years.
it's light and fast. it only eats 2-3/4 shells. no 3.00 inch.

My latest is standard Mossberg Model 500 Pump, with Mod Choke.
it came with a security barrel. it does the job fine. it likes bunnies for breakfast, and Pheasants for lunch. hahahaha.

oops fix typo error hahahaha

I usually switch off between my 870 express 12 gauge and an old stevens 20 gauge my dad got me when I was 7 or 8 as a starter gun --- I always hated that gun when I was younger because the forearm is really thin and I would burn my fingers on the barrel sitting out in the Blythe sun, but for whatever reason I can hit practically every dove I shoot at with it!

My Benelli Supernova 12 gauge is the only shotgun I own and I use it to hunt all upland game. My 9 year old son just got his hunting license and saved up for a Mossberg 510 Mini 20 gauge and will be going out for some doves once the season hits.

Benelli Nova 12Ga and I love it but I have a strong strange desire for a Remington 1100 16Ga.

For some reason the first shotgun in my safe I reach for is my jc higgins modle 20, I just love the huge muzzle break on it!!

I'm currently using my Mossy 500 as my primary upland shotgun, but will follow the poll closely to see is there is a better option.
Thanks for the poll!

GmansGpa said:
I'm currently using my Mossy 500 as my primary upland shotgun, but will follow the poll closely to see is there is a better option.
Thanks for the poll!

I have an update. I still use 12ga., but I recently aquired a Remington 58 and a Winchester 1200. After trying them today while training our dog, I decided to use the Remington as my primary, the Winchester for my back up and keep the Mossberg in the truck "just in case".

I'm seeing a lot of people talking about their Benelli m2's. i have to agree on that one, I love mine. Its a 20 with a 26" perfect for just about anything I shoot, just change the load and the choke for different game and I'm ready to go. Looking to buy a SBE2 though in a 12 gauge for waterfowl, been really wanting one but don't quite have enough disposable income at the moment to buy a new one, if anyone is looking to sell theirs pm me with a price and some pics.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu