There's a problem on the mountain

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
This dog and 2 others had been seen on MCC property and was seen chasing cattle (2017)...The "Collared" dog was chasing deer on friends Bill's property along with 3 others (he lived near SY Rez)...A few days later they were very aggressive to a neighbor...They were then seen on Mendenhall cattle property...I can assure you these packs are no longer chasing wild life or cattle...Any cattleman that sees a lone dog or packs near his cattle, better hope he's bad shot....:dizzy:

ps...If you have an undisciplined dog in the back country...You better keep him close or on a leash.

. 002.JPG IMG_4996.JPG

Last edited:

SteveHazard

Oct 24, 2018
Put yourself in my buddy position you take a week off to hunt and every day you see and hear the dogs when is enough is enough. It's being done on purpose to hurt and the owner knows it. If it attacks someone then what.... Will be doing what the warden ask but after that who knows. If it's not dealt with. What would you do?
Didn't read the part where I said known and established? And what do mean on purpose? Are these wild dogs or not? If they're not and you know who owns them go take it up with the prick owner and tell him to get ahold of his hounds or they'll be treated like a coyote. If a dog attacks somebody? Ok what? A ton of different factors go into that determining how to respond to that. Type of dog and size, nature of attack, etc. The times I've been attacked by a dog they usually bite and run. The one that didn't I beat the snot out of it. If it felt it was really needed I'd kill it but seems less likely that'd be the situation.

HATCHET1

"yes,it killed the hound..ferocious bitch she was"
Aug 2, 2013
Sad a guy take a spade shovel to a dog one time that bit his 5 year old son..it was a bad day for that dog ..and his last .bad dog

Reactions: garlicsalt

HATCHET1

Aug 2, 2013
.. Screenshot_20220921-145547.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: YETI

doccherry

May 7, 2021
Once again, it's a people problem, like almost all wildlife management challenges. Dogs have evolved over many thousands of years being highly effective predators. Humans domesticated them, and not that long ago. A domestic dog will turn into a predator in short order if not kept at home and on a short leash. If you shoot a dog that's chasing game or livestock, if it's tagged with the owner's name, my vote is for 60 days on the chain gang for the owner. No, that's not right. Make it 90 days. Or 120.

Reactions: GUNDOGLOVER49

HATCHET1

Aug 2, 2013
What if they were chasing ducks or doves? Would anybody cut them some slack? Or No....just BLAMMO!! Sorry fido..my bird!

HATCHET1

Aug 2, 2013
Gray area for sure.. remember CA guys...it's designed to hurt...up to interpretation.. ambiguous at best..up to responding LEO at any givin time of day or time of month....or you could just say fck it and role the dice?..but it is Jackastan..AKA CA!!! Ha!!

Stikbrandon

May 27, 2021
This dog and 2 others had been seen on MCC property and was seen chasing cattle (2017)...The "Collared" dog was chasing deer on friends Bill's property along with 3 others (he lived near SY Rez)...

Dose not surprise me, loose dog’s coming from the rez?? Lol

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu