There's a problem on the mountain

This dog and 2 others had been seen on MCC property and was seen chasing cattle (2017)...The "Collared" dog was chasing deer on friends Bill's property along with 3 others (he lived near SY Rez)...A few days later they were very aggressive to a neighbor...They were then seen on Mendenhall cattle property...I can assure you these packs are no longer chasing wild life or cattle...Any cattleman that sees a lone dog or packs near his cattle, better hope he's bad shot....:dizzy:

ps...If you have an undisciplined dog in the back country...You better keep him close or on a leash.

.002.JPGIMG_4996.JPG

Last edited:
Put yourself in my buddy position you take a week off to hunt and every day you see and hear the dogs when is enough is enough. It's being done on purpose to hurt and the owner knows it. If it attacks someone then what.... Will be doing what the warden ask but after that who knows. If it's not dealt with. What would you do?
Didn't read the part where I said known and established? And what do mean on purpose? Are these wild dogs or not? If they're not and you know who owns them go take it up with the prick owner and tell him to get ahold of his hounds or they'll be treated like a coyote. If a dog attacks somebody? Ok what? A ton of different factors go into that determining how to respond to that. Type of dog and size, nature of attack, etc. The times I've been attacked by a dog they usually bite and run. The one that didn't I beat the snot out of it. If it felt it was really needed I'd kill it but seems less likely that'd be the situation.

Sad a guy take a spade shovel to a dog one time that bit his 5 year old son..it was a bad day for that dog ..and his last .bad dog

Reactions: garlicsalt
Once again, it's a people problem, like almost all wildlife management challenges. Dogs have evolved over many thousands of years being highly effective predators. Humans domesticated them, and not that long ago. A domestic dog will turn into a predator in short order if not kept at home and on a short leash. If you shoot a dog that's chasing game or livestock, if it's tagged with the owner's name, my vote is for 60 days on the chain gang for the owner. No, that's not right. Make it 90 days. Or 120.

What if they were chasing ducks or doves? Would anybody cut them some slack? Or No....just BLAMMO!! Sorry fido..my bird!

Gray area for sure.. remember CA guys...it's designed to hurt...up to interpretation.. ambiguous at best..up to responding LEO at any givin time of day or time of month....or you could just say fck it and role the dice?..but it is Jackastan..AKA CA!!! Ha!!

Reactions: blazintowers
This dog and 2 others had been seen on MCC property and was seen chasing cattle (2017)...The "Collared" dog was chasing deer on friends Bill's property along with 3 others (he lived near SY Rez)...

Dose not surprise me, loose dog’s coming from the rez?? Lol

Reactions: ilovesprig
There back. I just returned from Wyoming and was up on Palomar archery huntingvthe last few day if early season A22. The dogs did it to my buddy again chasing a buck a doe 30 yds from my buddy. It's pretty much ruined his hunting experience. O me it's pretty amazing how few deer are in the area and I now know why. Come rifle season the few I've talked to,say they have no problem putting them down. It's a shame that the owner which I believe is the owner of the Property that rims fry creek and the state park. No one seem to want to deal with it. F&G no help, Foresty no help, people at general store don't like hunters....Even so far as to leave a note on the gate of the property. I heard of a monthly meeting that's they have every month. Posted at fire station as you go down north grade. Any ideas or solutions or suggestions to help to end this.

There back. I just returned from Wyoming and was up on Palomar archery huntingvthe last few day if early season A22. The dogs did it to my buddy again chasing a buck a doe 30 yds from my buddy. It's pretty much ruined his hunting experience. O me it's pretty amazing how few deer are in the area and I now know why. Come rifle season the few I've talked to,say they have no problem putting them down. It's a shame that the owner which I believe is the owner of the Property that rims fry creek and the state park. No one seem to want to deal with it. F&G no help, Foresty no help, people at general store don't like hunters....Even so far as to leave a note on the gate of the property. I heard of a monthly meeting that's they have every month. Posted at fire station as you go down north grade. Any ideas or solutions or suggestions to help to end this.

Have you talked to the warden's supervisor?

Getting pics/video of the dogs would also be helpful.

I always carry Bear Mace when hunting or jogging. Nice non lethal way of dealing with dogs. Not sure if this is workable but since people seem to know where these dogs are coming from then see what Animal Control has to say. They can issue citations and talk to the owners as well.

John

This dog and 2 others had been seen on MCC property and was seen chasing cattle (2017)...The "Collared" dog was chasing deer on friends Bill's property along with 3 others (he lived near SY Rez)...A few days later they were very aggressive to a neighbor...They were then seen on Mendenhall cattle property...I can assure you these packs are no longer chasing wild life or cattle...Any cattleman that sees a lone dog or packs near his cattle, better hope he's bad shot....:dizzy:

ps...If you have an undisciplined dog in the back country...You better keep him close or on a leash.

.View attachment 55735View attachment 55736
Dad and I saw a couple dogs near mataguay last turkey season. A male following a female and a puppy. I seem to recall the adults having collars but they didn’t bother us so who knows.

No collar shoot to kill move on........wild dogs are no good for any buddy.

I use my dogs during rifle season but they are under constant contact with a GPS collar, I use them to flush bedded deer that I glassed in their bedding area.

If my dogs run cattle they will be broken from my foot IDGAF you don't run cattle!

With my foot I've punted them before and I'm sure I'll have to do it again......
I've done the same. It works well.

My old roommate (SDPD) was telling me about guy who choked out one of their K9s. Dogs arent as invincible as many think.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu