This is for all you Traeger Haters

I own a Traeger and a Benelli too! No creedmore’s in my safe

I don't own any of the above. I must be doing something wrong. Can't seem to ever be part of the cool crowd.

Maybe there is hope. I do have some good cast iron.

Someday...
same here all I have is gas and charcoal Weber's, one of each I must be in sheltered life.:tired_face:

I don't own any of the above. I must be doing something wrong. Can't seem to ever be part of the cool crowd.

Maybe there is hope. I do have some good cast iron.

Someday...
Not a Treager hater but my best meals have come from a hot sear on a cast iron skillet, whether it be a duck breast or a venison backstrap. Here's to the old schoolers.
20180607_181026.jpg

Cast iron is the way to go. I have two different size dutch ovens and four different size pans/skillets. A long time ago an old timer told me the only way to clean cast iron is with cooking oil and
kosher salt, which is the only method I now use. If something is really stuck I will first scrap it with wooden spoon then oil and salt., giving a good scrubbing using paper towels. Every so often ,once every other year I will give them a real good cleaning then season again, which is a four step process.

All joking aside, i hardly use my bbq anymore for elk / deer steaks. Everything is pan fried with fancy olive oil in my cast iron skillet...left near raw in the middle. Basically cook them like seared ahi.
Yup got a awsome grill a BBQ and 2 smokers but when it comes to a ribeye or good steak in the cast its going best flavor and steaks come out to perfection. I use butter though.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu