to die for chili

oneazbowhunter

"will work for tag"
Oct 28, 2011
prescott valley,AZ
take 2 lbs. of elk or venison.(we prefer elk) cut into 1" cubes and sear in a skillet of olive oil.throw it in a crockpot with the ingredients listed below..cook for 5-6 hours and serve with cornbread. great for the winter...give it a try...

2-4 garlic cloves chopped
2 tablespoons chili powder..or more I like 4
1 tablespoon cumin
28 oz. can crushed tomato
15 oz. can red kidney beans rinsed
1 big sweet onion chopped
7 oz. can chopped green chilies
2 tablespoons tomato paste

Thanks for the recipe, went looking for one and found this at the bottom of the archive! Absolutely amazing, from my 4 and 8 year olds to my Wife it was loved!!

That's sounds really good.......Pretty scratch

Here's what I did for the super bowl chili this year (and most years)....Not as original, but pretty simple, and tons of compliments on it after the party.

Approx. 3 lbs ground duck (# 10 grinder)

2 cans black beans (drained)

1 can kidney beans (drained)

1 can of corn (drained)

1 can Ro*Tel's Tomato & Green Chili Sauce (drained)

3 cans Wal-Mart Ball Park Chili (no beans)

Liberal Tapolia

Juice from can of Jalapeno & carrots (add carrots)

Attachments

• IMG_5790.JPG
    IMG_5790.JPG
    424.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5806.JPG
    IMG_5806.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 12

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu