Turkey Box Call

HortoTheSlayer

May 17, 2018
Boise Idaho
I want to add a turkey box call to my Turkey arsenal this season. I usually only run mouth calls and a slate pot call.

Any recommendations on ones that have worked well for you or that you feel sound better then others?

Hard to beat the old Lynch...still use mine from 84..throw a new rubber band on it every now and then so it does not chirp while it's getting bounced around in the truck...and we good to go!! Man that call has put some yard birds in the freezer over the years...she,ll get some more work in here soon ..real soon.

Hard to beat the old Lynch...still use mine from 84..throw a new rubber band on it every now and then so it does not chirp while it's getting bounced around in the truck...and we good to go!! Man that call has put some yard birds in the freezer over the years...she,ll get some more work in here soon ..real soon.
I've got the Lynch Fool proof in my amazon cart and the primos hook-up. So far I've been considering those but leaning more towards the Lynch.

George,

As much I like the lynch box calls...IMO, there is no better box call made than Josh' single sided box at Flydown Custom Calls...It has the high volume needed for big country, but can be toned down to give the smoothest purrs and clucks...This is a finely tuned instrument........:heart:

.MCC VID #48 2022.JPG

I dont think you can ever go wrong with quality like the calls mentioned above.

However, if you're just broadcasting loud calls into giant country out west I've used a Primos cheapie and it does the job. Its not the call close talk though.

Since hanging with Turkey Nerds I've learned a few things.......Thanks Steve for showing me the Darkside!.......

• Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu