Turkey Hunting Gear

OK Sprig. But mark my words that's the last thing that I'm letting you talk me into buying for this season...

That's what I told my wife at least.
Part of the hunting experience is finding new ways to explain to your wife why the new thing you're buying (call, gun, decoy, pack, other expensive accessory, etc.) is absolutely essential and is different from the other couple dozen calls or firearms you already have laying around... Or get a credit card that's not connected to your joint account.

Part of the hunting experience is finding new ways to explain to your wife why the new thing you're buying (call, gun, decoy, pack, other expensive accessory, etc.) is absolutely essential and is different from the other couple dozen calls or firearms you already have laying around... Or get a credit card that's not connected to your joint account.
its been 3 years since my last turkey, if I don't bag one this year the wife is going to get suspicious!
when I go hunting she calls it hiking with a gun lol!

Sprig! You kill me! Man I miss being in the woods. I love your post on the outdoors in E San Diego County. You are a jewel buddy. I don't get a chance to scout. When I go out, its a Wing and a Prayer to find birds. I literally scout and hunt at the same time. Its hard and can take a lot out of ya if you haven't been taken your birds. However going over IloveSprigs post over the last month and a half It looks like it gonna be a good year. And even on a miserable day when things looks bleak and you are frustrated. Just think what you have to go home to and the rat race you face. I learn so much from this guy! All Hail Sprig!

its been 3 years since my last turkey, if I don't bag one this year the wife is going to get suspicious!
when I go hunting she calls it hiking with a gun lol!
Hell I have never killed one. My wife is always asking me the same thing...ya kill anything...You mean turkey...no...What the hell were you doing for two days..... Good Question honey...good question...

Sprig! You kill me! Man I miss being in the woods. I love your post on the outdoors in E San Diego County. You are a jewel buddy. I don't get a chance to scout. When I go out, its a Wing and a Prayer to find birds. I literally scout and hunt at the same time. Its hard and can take a lot out of ya if you haven't been taken your birds. However going over IloveSprigs post over the last month and a half It looks like it gonna be a good year. And even on a miserable day when things looks bleak and you are frustrated. Just think what you have to go home to and the rat race you face. I learn so much from this guy! All Hail Sprig!

John,

Thank you, but really just trying to do my part.....I've always thought one picture was worth a 1000 words too.....I truly wish we had better public lands and more turkeys.....I know I used to go as often as I could just to get a jake or 1 longbeard each season.....We peaked with turkeys a few years back and they seemed to be everywhere.....Sadly,that's just not the case anymore.

Watched a big tom breed a hen today.....Also saw single hens.....There's little doubt that dispersal is in full swing.....Hope they start getting into my public.

Pure luck spotting that breeding......something told me to glass that way....

That Tom that almost got ran over was coming in silent..…...

Should be fun this year!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu