Turkeys at LS

I believe they only have one date option. Its 4/1 - 4/2.

I am very familiar with LS- but know over the years the groups are not always in the same general areas.

Same her bro, got lucky now I’m planning like you lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice!

How many hunters are they allowing for this hunt?

Other FG draws they had an orientation, this seems like its all self check in and good luck, lol.

Reactions: sportyg
Thanks Sprig.

- 15 with two per app. Decent amount of pressure for that area.

I've never hunted LS, but I did hunt just outside of Geyserville on private...Steep country with chapparal and oak meadows...Pretty similar to east San Diego...Good luck

Reactions: JNDEER
Keep an eye out for the wild horses. Walked in while still dark and had over a dozen pairs of eyes glowing staring at us. Also had a bull blocking half the road when driving in. He was pissed and looked like he was about to charge my SUV. Dropped my bird by 7:30am after that it was quiet all day. Keep an eye out for a beardless tom. He was a jake last year and almost got taken out but my partner noticed he was beardless. I hunted 4/20 so they had been called at and pressured for sometime by then. You got an early hunt so should be a good time. The year before I didn't see or hear a single bird. Had a yote come nip at my decoy. Congrats and post it when you drop one!

Nice!

How many hunters are they allowing for this hunt?

Other FG draws they had an orientation, this seems like its all self check in and good luck, lol.

Fire real lol. They just let me pick my date and area and that was it. So now I’m researching everything about the area I’m hunting

Fire real lol. They just let me pick my date and area and that was it. So now I’m researching everything about the area I’m hunting

Are you hunting Lake Sutherland or somewhere else ?

LS in this case stands for Lake Sonoma....;)

Lake Sutherland has got quite a few turkeys, but dispersal hasn't really started...By opener, things will change...Hopefully. for the better.... :blush:

Do you have any advice, tips for me? I’m new to turkey hunting so I’d love to know as much as I can.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu