Turkeys at LS

You are in 1 of the best spots on that lake. I think you said you hunt 4/1 you my friend have a great opportunity at getting a bird.
Good luck

Thank you! Will need all the luck I can take

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet! I’m all ready for a good day of hunting lol. Is that a game warden in your second picture?

No....That's the lake manager....Nobody drives back there, but you and Brown's Cove hunters...And, I'm guessing Brown's Cove can only be accessed from boat now....4:00 am at the entrance gate....Drive back to the sign, I have pictured....The road is Ok, but 4x4 would be nice with all this rain.

Reactions: LeonardoLuis
Thank you! Will need all the luck I can take

I'm not an expert on the Corral but I would say set up as far deep in as you can. Birds roost all over there but their safety valve is the canyon behind that goes back to private. They may bail to Camp Hope but I would put money that they pull back into the narrows there.

No....That's the lake manager....Nobody drives back there, but you and Brown's Cove hunters...And, I'm guessing Brown's Cove can only be accessed from boat now....4:00 am at the entrance gate....Drive back to the sign, I have pictured....The road is Ok, but 4x4 would be nice with all this rain.

I appreciate the info brother! You’ve giving me more help than them lol. Perfect, I recently bought a 4x4 that will come in handy. Are blinds okay to use?

Reactions: ilovesprig
I'm not an expert on the Corral but I would say set up as far deep in as you can. Birds roost all over there but their safety valve is the canyon behind that goes back to private. They may bail to Camp Hope but I would put money that they pull back into the narrows there.

I really appreciate the help brother. When you say deep in as I can, do you mean all the way to east of corral?

When Jason says, "Set up as far deep as you can", he means as far southeast as you can...There's an actual corral back to your right (south) in the oaks...Before you do any of that, make sure you owl hoot or crow call...They could be closer and you don't want to bump them...If you get a strike (gobble), get as close as you can without being detected...Remember this is all done in the dark or with a red light...There's a 2 track that takes you right to the corral (same road you drove in on)...Stay on it walking...Then adjust accordingly... :blush:

ps...I never use a pop-up blind with a gun.

I appreciate the info brother! You’ve giving me more help than them lol. Perfect, I recently bought a 4x4 that will come in handy. Are blinds okay to use?

Blinds are good only if you can setup day before but since you can't I just recommend good camo/concealment. Maybe a leafy suit. You jave been givin great intel by Steve and Jason. Best of luck! Got my first bird last year in that spot. Nice tom with 1" spurs. I believe we passed him on the roost but still managed to call him in. Watched him put on a show then kapoow!

IMG_6703(1).jpg
20220420_130429.jpg
20220420_094201.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone have intel on the Camp Hope zone? Ill be heading out saturday in the rain to go have a look. Ill be hunting it on 4/5 so I wanted to get a scout in before the season gets going. Look to be a few chutes that turkeys could use to get back into private. Im also hunting with a total noob and would love to help him get on a bird if possible.

Congrats, good job, im sure they get run around. DFG hunts suck.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu