Unbelievable rain

Sadly...the dove will take a beating over this ...just as I was learning how to hunt them..why lord..Why????!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ilovesprig
Word of warning if anyone's heading up to Big Bear this weekend.. keep an eye on the traffic situation. Took us 7 hours last night from SD! Dead stopped on the 18 from Lucerne Valley side due to heavy traffic and idiots putting on chains in the middle of the highway. The 330 thru Running Springs and 38 from Redlands was closed due to rain/mudslides, so the 18 was the only route up. Now I got some shovelin' to do.
52cbb39aacf0775ada9d9708f91c2ef1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Word of warning if anyone's heading up to Big Bear this weekend.. keep an eye on the traffic situation. Took us 7 hours last night from SD! Dead stopped on the 18 from Lucerne Valley side due to heavy traffic and idiots putting on chains in the middle of the highway. The 330 thru Running Springs and 38 from Redlands was closed due to rain/mudslides, so the 18 was the only route up. Now I got some shovelin' to do.
52cbb39aacf0775ada9d9708f91c2ef1.jpg

Nice

We only got a light snow thus far.
Lots of rain lol. Loving it.
Waiting patiently for a great season. Can't wait.
Jason how's the hunting opportunities at big bear. I know the fishing is good at the lake.

We only got a light snow thus far.
Lots of rain lol. Loving it.
Waiting patiently for a great season. Can't wait.
Jason how's the hunting opportunities at big bear. I know the fishing is good at the lake.
Lee,

I haven't learned too much yet about hunting up here but I got some ideas of spots I'd like to scout for quail maybe. Got some ideas for fishing too but haven't checked it out yet. If anyone has intel let me know...

Lee,

I haven't learned too much yet about hunting up here but I got some ideas of spots I'd like to scout for quail maybe. Got some ideas for fishing too but haven't checked it out yet. If anyone has intel let me know...

I know where bears are in D14 or at least I know the private land they come into every day and then head back into the surrounding public. I am planning on a few recons this summer to decide if it is worth a crack in September.

Just talked to the folks at Lake Henshaw....It came up 6 vertical feet....There goes my decoys I left out there....:D
Wow it’s a good thing I printed the numbers for my new catfish hot spots that had become visible with the low water.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu