Unknown species. I retract my comment. Still hate poachers

Dude don’t come at this guy so hard!
He’s a new hunter and the last thing this guy needs is to be berated on a public forum. We need to be better stewards and take these guys under our wings and coach them not come off as D!&@s.

You to were a new hunter At one point and I’ve read your posts that seemed newbie ish not too long ago.
I thought I was being nice if not I apologize@JosueMoney

Last edited:
FYI.... There are small pockets of Red Fox in southern California I have personally called on in an seen one dead in Riverside County. Illegal to kill in California. Ed F

Lee,

Per DFW and I remember people talking about them when I lived in Bishop.

.In California there are two populations of Red Fox- the native Sierra Nevada Red Fox, a threatened species found only in the Sierra Nevada and Cascade mountain ranges, and the more common, non-native Red Fox. Non-native Red Foxes were introduced decades ago for fox hunting and fur farming.

Lee,

Per DFW and I remember people talking about them when I lived in Bishop.

.In California there are two populations of Red Fox- the native Sierra Nevada Red Fox, a threatened species found only in the Sierra Nevada and Cascade mountain ranges, and the more common, non-native Red Fox. Non-native Red Foxes were introduced decades ago for fox hunting and fur farming.
Eastern Sierra's is my home away from home. I really like that area.
To bad it's Xzones

I agree poachers suck. I saw a news report the other day where a poacher had killed hundreds of deer illegally. He got jail time, and the judge made him watch Bambi every week during six months in jail.

Pssh... that's just ALL we need... more Disney-inspired over-the-top liberalism being force-fed into peoples brains.

As much as the guy is a douche-nozzle for the poaching... I have a real problem hearing about that over-reach of authority on the part of the judge mandating that the person *must* watch Bambi. In fact... there could easily be a case made for traumatization afterward that causes the state to have to pay back for "pain and suffering" if the guy lawyered-up right.

The grey fox is the number one carrier of rabies in so Cal so if you are going to take the hide wear gloves and be careful when handling them.

Hrmmph... could have swore I read that Ground Squirrel was the greatest vector for transmission to humans. Was part of research I was doing on finding out if people eat Ground Squirrel or not. (And yes, some do.)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu