Vaccine proof card

A guy I know is having an emotional crisis. He was told by his job he needs to get poked. He is not having it and is thinking about going into business for himself.
He is married, with a kid with special needs, a wife and recently became a grandpa.

I explained to him starting a business (any kind) right now is a bitch. Second, IMO he is sweating this issue too much. He is too emotionally involved.
My advice was to get the shot and move on with his life. There is bigger fish to fry, many hunt trips, life with the grandkids and such, Not to mention we only live once and we are getting older.

Would if he does not want the "shot"?
He obviously doesn't. Not because he is an anti-vax he said but because he feels he is being pressured to get it. I understand totally.

To me, based on his situation, I would think about the family first. leaving the job could complicate things for everyone. But he is a grown-ass man, so he would do what he wants.

A guy I know is having an emotional crisis. He was told by his job he needs to get poked. He is not having it and is thinking about going into business for himself.
He is married, with a kid with special needs, a wife and recently became a grandpa.

I explained to him starting a business (any kind) right now is a bitch. Second, IMO he is sweating this issue too much. He is too emotionally involved.
My advice was to get the shot and move on with his life. There is bigger fish to fry, many hunt trips, life with the grandkids and such, Not to mention we only live once and we are getting older.
Sucks to be in his situation for sure. Him being a grown as man might not mean much these days, some people don't have the mental capacity to make decisions under pressure. But I wish him the best, get him on here so we can give him advice :) SCH will set him straight. Opening his own business could be an avenue but lots of thought and planning needs to happen and having a business plan/some cash saved up.

I'd say take the poke, stay working, plan on getting his business going while working.

Last edited:
The Mandates were definitely a game changer. As a business owner myself, 85% of my work is in hospitals and or medical facilities. I took a $75K contract before the mandates at the hospital. Im the only one vaxxed in my company. I told all my employees it is their choice but the hospital will not allow un vaxxed guys working onsite. So I am taking other work outside of the hospital as much as I can but I have to complete the hospital contract as well. Some weeks there is enough work for them and some weeks there is not. They sit at home while I take on an entire project by myself. It is what it is. Im not gonna force anything on anyone but im also not gonna lose contracts over it. Had one employee blow up on me last week because hes only getting 20 hrs a week or so. All I can tell him is it is what it is. Im doing my best. In the end as an owner you are all alone with it and you gotta do what you gotta do to keep things rolling and making money to pay those bills.

I'm in this situation. 16 years of aerospace experience might be going down the drain. 4 kids, wife, house...comfortable life for sure. Would I give it all up to stand up for what I believe is my freedom? You bet. Is Ms. Wrst happy? Not at all. Sounds like most of you and her would get along. I'm not getting shit injected in me on someone else's terms. It is not right. I don't care what the easy thing is, I'm sticking up for what is right. Too many people are giving up our liberties very nonchalantly. America as we know it will no longer exist here soon if people don't start taking a stand somewhere. Injecting an experiment into myself happens to be where I draw the line.

Next they want to inject the experiment into my kids' arms to get a public education. Many places you can't shop without it. Where do you DRAW THE LINE?!?!

I'm in this situation. 16 years of aerospace experience might be going down the drain. 4 kids, wife, house...comfortable life for sure. Would I give it all up to stand up for what I believe is my freedom? You bet. Is Ms. Wrst happy? Not at all. Sounds like most of you and her would get along. I'm not getting shit injected in me on someone else's terms. It is not right. I don't care what the easy thing is, I'm sticking up for what is right. Too many people are giving up our liberties very nonchalantly. America as we know it will no longer exist here soon if people don't start taking a stand somewhere. Injecting an experiment into myself happens to be where I draw the line.

Next they want to inject the experiment into my kids' arms to get a public education. Many places you can't shop without it. Where do you DRAW THE LINE?!?!
You gotta do what you gotta do. I respect everyone’s beliefs and choices. No one forced anything on me. I volunteered to get the jab back in March before any talks of mandates. It was what I believed was best for myself and those closest to me. So be it

You might have gotten a number of “forced”/“suggested” vaccines before you could even go to school. Most schools make you present a vaccine card before enrollment way before the rona came around. Just saying. But I stand by do what you want, but for the people that are saying they are being forced, pretty sure polio vaccine is forced.

You might have gotten a number of “forced”/“suggested” vaccines before you could even go to school. Most schools make you present a vaccine card before enrollment way before the rona came around. Just saying. But I stand by do what you want, but for the people that are saying they are being forced, pretty sure polio vaccine is forced.
The argument against this is the amount of time and process each of those vaccines took/had to go through before being given to the public.

The polio vaccine was developed and tested out over something like 7 years prior to being given out to the majority of people. This current “vaccine” has zero long term study showing what happens to recipients and was developed quickly.

Choice is all that matters imo. Mandates to get food at a store are going to cause a pretty serious change to our country long term.

The argument against this is the amount of time and process each of those vaccines took/had to go through before being given to the public.

The polio vaccine was developed and tested out over something like 7 years prior to being given out to the majority of people. This current “vaccine” has zero long term study showing what happens to recipients and was developed quickly.

Choice is all that matters imo. Mandates to get food at a store are going to cause a pretty serious change to our country long term.
Exactly. I have never had to show any proof of vaccination to get/keep a job or to go into any place of business.

The amount of people getting the vaccine just to keep their job is mind boggling. Do people really think that this is where the government will stop? Once they realize that all they have to do is mandate something for public safety/health then you can kiss many more freedoms goodbye.

Did you know the CDC is studying firearms in the US as a public health issue? Where do you think this all is really headed? But I should just get the Vax or lose my job, right? That's my simple choice? GTFO

I just tried to research for myself the latest studies from the CDC showing the effectiveness of the vaccine. I find it strange that there is no study on the website newer than March 2021. If anyone can find a more recent study on the effectiveness of the vaccine, please share (Do not cite an article from the news).

Just remember medical science and research is far more advanced today than it was when the polio vaccine was developed while no long term studies have been done on the vaccine science is much more capable at interogating drugs now than it was back then.

Just remember medical science and research is far more advanced today than it was when the polio vaccine was developed while no long term studies have been done on the vaccine science is much more capable at interogating drugs now than it was back then.
In this case specifically I must disagree. They have been researching mRNA vaccines for years and have not been successful. If the mRNA had been proven and was sitting around waiting for a great opportunity to be utilized, I would be more onboard. Instead it seems like mRNA was a continued failure and in need of an assist (in the form of great fear mongering and now mandates) to be pushed on the people. The question I ask is why?

I'm in line at Target to bet my J & J Booster. :p lol jk, not in line but when it's ready i'll take it.

Last week in SD their were more vax in ICU than nonvax.....we know nothing!

Suck it up buttercup......we all are gonna get it, just like a normal cold/flu season......if old and sick take care the rest do what you do.
Life is too short to give up your freedom.......news flash, lots of things in this world want to kill you.

Live accordingly

I side with it’s your choice. Get it if you want to or don’t. Keep your job or don’t. It is sad people may lose job and income, but it is your choice. Life is about choices, do what makes you happy and keeps you living your life. You only get one and goes fast

Last week in SD their were more vax in ICU than nonvax.....we know nothing!

Suck it up buttercup......we all are gonna get it, just like a normal cold/flu season......if old and sick take care the rest do what you do.
Life is too short to give up your freedom.......news flash, lots of things in this world want to kill you.

Live accordingly
Show us the stat's and not from social media ...

S
In this case specifically I must disagree. They have been researching mRNA vaccines for years and have not been successful. If the mRNA had been proven and was sitting around waiting for a great opportunity to be utilized, I would be more onboard. Instead it seems like mRNA was a continued failure and in need of an assist (in the form of great fear mongering and now mandates) to be pushed on the people. The question I ask is why?
Show us the stats and not from science based facts and not social media posts and how mRNA relates to covid 19..

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu