Welcome Newbies!

Hey y'all, I'm Tim. Been a long time since I last hunted, but decided its time to get back into it. My wife is going to hunters safety tomorrow and were planning on getting a few days of the fall turkey season in. I hear SD has some decent turkey hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim433 said:
Hey y'all, I'm Tim. Been a long time since I last hunted, but decided its time to get back into it. My wife is going to hunters safety tomorrow and were planning on getting a few days of the fall turkey season in. I hear SD has some decent turkey hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to SCH Tim. Get your self some NF maps and start doing your home work and you'll be in the Turkeys.

Hey folks, Thought I am not new to hunting I am new to hunting in Southern California. I grew up hunting all over Oklahoma and moved out here about 2 years ago. Looking to get back into the woods again. Love being out in the wilderness. How is the hunting in D11-13-15?? Looking to hunt deer, pig and turkey.

Im originally from SE Oklahoma. Grew up hunting all over Bryan Co and a few public lands north of there. My dad and granddad got me started when I was about 9-10. It's been a few years since I was out and I am hoping to get back into a passion of mine and hope that one day I can pass on my love of the hunt to my two boys. Any advice for hunting big game in Southern california is much appreciated.

so it took me a while to get around to introducing myself due to work but here it goes.....im from Michigan, im stationed here as active duty navy so i dont really know the land. i never hunted before until this season, i dont really care about trophy just want some meat in my fridge which used to be easier when all my friends and people i grew up with hunted and were willing to share. i spent deer season this year on camp Pendleton. saw quite a few during archery season missed on an eight point and the a doe. come rifle season didnt see anything. kinda disappointed about it but ill try again after my next deployment.i really want to go turkey hunting but know absolute nothing about it. This is my last season in cali before i get a different duty station

jaegermus2 said:
I'm definitely a newbie. I've gone on about 6 hunts, so far bagged a turkey, one quail, and aground squirrel. Yup.

However, I do have access to 70 acres of private land in the Angeles Forest a friend (the owner) is encouraging me to hunt on. I was there today and saw a covey of quail, sign for rabbit, deer, coyote, and possibly a bobcat, and the lake was full of ducks. Also heard some geese early on the am but I was too far from the lake to see.

I'm looking for someone to take me under their wing, so to speak. I have a friend I sometimes hunt with but we are both green so it is the blind leading the blind. I eat everything I kill, and am pretty strict about respecting the no-lead rules in the Forest, per my friend's wishes, but I have access to a lot of land and could use a seasoned hunting partner to show me the ropes.
Wish I had a friend with 70 acres who was encouraging hunting. Good job.

Hi,

My name is Carlos and have never land hunted in my life. I've been a fisherman, diver, free diver/underwater hunter and would really like to try hunting. I enjoy being on the water, smoking meats, making my own sausages, etc. I'm still deciding whether or not to embark on this life style but is seems very likely that I will give it a try.

I will be reading a lot and probably asking some stupid questions but I promise I will use the search option before :).

Reactions: sleipnir
Hi Carlos - glad you have joined he SCH Website. Hunting is a very satisfying activity with amazing benefits. Hope you go down the road! ;)

Hi, I want to introduce myself since I am new here. I grew up hunting white tale in IL and started hunting a couple years ago here in So Cal. I am a looking to get into waterfowl hunting and thought this would be a good start to find someone to hunt with. I am member of Wilderness Unlimited and really enjoy the open space after trying some crowded hunting on public land. Happy hunting everyone.

Hi y'all, I'm new to hunting in California, hunted a couple times in Florida, but did was unsuccessful. I live just north of Palm springs area, and I am looking for advise for deer hunts and even a mentor would be great. thanks for any advise.

Hi my name is Kevin I totally new to it all.I've shot a few times mostly my dads 22lr when I was little.I never grew up hunting. I just got my first shot gun and i am learning to shoot better, im wanting to learn to hunt. So i can try out turkey hunting this next year if any one is down to help a newbie out. I would ask my uncle but he is out in utah and duck hunts most of the time.

Reactions: sleipnir

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu