Welcome Newbies!

Hello fellow newbies and admins,

Happy New Year! My name is Adam and I have been searching for a group like this since I started working in this state. I have only met one other person at work that shares a passion for the outdoors and hunting as I do, it turns out his mother was born in the same tiny town in Pennsylvania as me. (Must be in the water/blood). I'm excited to be able to share my experiences and learn from others. I have hunted all over the country except for California and I'm ready to see what it and its' fellow hunters have to offer.

atombombmx said:
the same tiny town in Pennsylvania as me

Welcome aboard Atombombmx. Got a couple PA transplants on the board here. I'm a Pittsburgh guy myself! Looking forward to your pictures and posts.

Hello Everyone, My name is Robert, I live in the Corona/Norco area. New to hunting but not shooting (firearm or bow). Been doing a lot of reading and research. Really interested in hog hunting, want to try deer, quail, an rabbit/jack rabbit also. Mostly for meat in the freezer. My girlfriend and I will be attending a safety course and getting our license this year.

PyroTekRob said:
Hello Everyone, My name is Robert, I live in the Corona/Norco area. New to hunting but not shooting (firearm or bow). Been doing a lot of reading and research. Really interested in hog hunting, want to try deer, quail, an rabbit/jack rabbit also. Mostly for meat in the freezer. My girlfriend and I will be attending a safety course and getting our license this year.

That's fantastic...and welcome to SCH PyroTekRob!

Thank you. Anyone know if I can hunt the Santa Ana River bed? I know there is a hog problem right now. And I know part of it is a reserve, so that area is a no-no. What about the rest of it?

PyroTekRob said:
Thank you. Anyone know if I can hunt the Santa Ana River bed? I know there is a hog problem right now. And I know part of it is a reserve, so that area is a no-no. What about the rest of it?

I've seen people say it's legal in certain areas and others say it's not. Just saw on another forum that a hunter went in and tried to hunt the so-called legal area and got hit with some fat fines by DFW.

100% NOT legal to hunt the river. between the state reserve and park and private dirt there is zero place you can hunt. You will get busted if you play down there.

Aeon said:
100% NOT legal to hunt the river. between the state reserve and park and private dirt there is zero place you can hunt. You will get busted if you play down there.

Thank you. That is what I thought. But was told you could between the 15 an the 71, and Bow ONLY. Now to see about hunting the Cleveland National Forest.

Hello everyone. I'm new to hunting and this forum. I'm located in the Ventura/Oxnard area and just recently got my hunting license and am looking forward to getting out into the country and bagging some game. I joined the forum because I figure I can only learn so much on my own, so speaking with people who've gone out and done it can only benefit me further in my journey to becoming a respectable hunter. Hopefully someday I'll have enough experience under my belt to be able to share with a new generation of hunters like myself.

Welcome aboard the SCH website Ruger_lover87.

I am a Ruger fan myself! ;)

Howdy Everyone!

Been hunting since I was 8yrs old but was not allowed to carry a firearm until I was 12, Just the way I was raised. Since then I have mostly hunted birds and small mammals I have done a few dear hunts and have always want to hunt pig. I had a very long layoff for about 20yrs. Lots of stuff happened in those times must have lived 5 different lives. The calling is always grinding at my soul There is nothing like being in the woods with your firearm looking for a feast. I started my family late in life. Couldn't find the right woman...Now my kids are old enough where I don't have to spend all day with them and I am done with the diaper gig...thank god. Yep I am a stay at home full time dad. Its the hardest thing I have ever done bar NONE, nothing even comes close....anyhooo..

I did most of my hunting in Sonoma and Shasta county's I should have taken advantage of that a lot more when I was younger but my priority's went south for some reason Girls and money...Should have been buying guns instead of the things that go along with whoooing women...

I am done waiting, so for the first time in 20yrs I am getting to go out and work my old model 870 Express I am more of the sportsman type. I go into the woods to hide from the critters and watch what they do. Don't really concern myself with the kill to much. Don't get my wrong. I work my butt off to get the best shot I can and make the clean kill however just being out there and learning scouting and work to make that kill is what I really enjoy.

I can't or won't shoot dove anymore just can't do it. Certain critters I just won't take. My goals are Gobblers Pig and a Deer someday.

Looking forward to reading this forum

Thanks
John

Thanks for saying hi surfcity. Nice to have you on the forum.

Sent via Tapatalk

Hello,

My name is Matt and I have been hunting since I was a kid in Wisconsin. I recently retired from active duty in the Navy and now have time to hunt here in socal. I never thought it would be this tough. This was my first year to be able to deer hunt on Camp Pendleton and I was not successful but enjoyed the time in the woods anyway. Next year I plan to go bow hunitng on the base and hopefully have better luck. I am looking forward to learning more about the mule deer as they are much differnt from the white tails I am used to hunitng..

Best Regards,
Matt

Hey everyone! My name is Jesse and I've been hunting since I was 14. Im located in Riverside CA and mainly deer hunt. Zones I hunt are X12 (when I draw the tag), D7, D15, and D11. I've always hunted with a Winchester model 70
.270 bolt action, however I just recently picked up a compound bow and I'm optimistic that this year with harvest my first archery buck. Looking for guys my age (27) to hunt with in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu