Welcome Newbies!

Welcome to the SCH website SoCalHunter27. Glad to have you aboard!

The name here is Jeff. I am a complete newb to hunting. I have been contemplating for years (ever since college buddies went hunting) but finally decided to pursue it. I am in OC and just took the hunter safety class this weekend. I guess I came to this forum for the "Now What" phase! I suppose I will start searching. Thanks!

Hello! I'm here in california and not from around here. I'm looking for some buddies to go scout and hunt this years dove season. I have a young pup that needs to get some work as well. Please any help or a push in the right direction whould be greatly appreciated!

Welcome aboard Ryan. You have come to the right spot. Definitely check out the "Upland Game" & "Hunting Partner - Finder/Hook up" portion of the forum. I am sure you will get the information and help you seek.

What part of California are you from?

Hi all- Have started looking at CA hunting as I will be moving to SD this summer. Between work schedule and move timing I'll likely have little time to scout, which is a shame since I'm brand new to hunting aside from a guided trip here in VA that got me a doe for holiday meals- Now hooked but need an experienced mentor for the upcoming 15 season!! I've enjoyed looking around and hope to meet some folks once I get out there in July!

Hello all! As my name implies I am lost in the sauce when it comes to hunting in general. I am an Army vet. Looking to see if I find some like minded people that can impart wisdom to someone who wants to start hunting here in Southern California. Im smack dab on the border of San Bernardino and LA county

Reactions: sleipnir
Welcome to SCH thelostsauce. And thank you for serving our great country!

Welcome. I'mnewish to the site but not to hunting. I live in north LA. I'm always open to a new scouting or hunting partner. What do you hunt?

Hello all. Completely new to hunting I live in the Orange county area and I am interested in getting in to hunting. Something I've always been interested in but have never been close to anyone who hunts. I do have an out of state hunter safety permit from way back. Just looking to get some info on what I need to get started and see if anyone may be willing to take me out a time or two. Any info would help. Thanks!

I'll trow another "intro"...3rd time is a charm...I have been lurking on and off for a while and have finally gone thought the safety class.

38 years old, met my wife when I was 17 in Brazil, moved to US with her in 96 and married since 98. 2 young kids (2.5 and 6.6years old)

I'll be more active on the forums now and figure a "reminder" about me would be in order...

For now I have a shot gun but want to get a riffle ASAP because I want to hunt Deer and pigs for the meat in the fridge aspect but I think I'll get more opportunities to go out with the shotgun.

I am in the San Fernando Valley and have been freediving/spearfishing for a few years.

Looking forward to make some connections and eventually be able to contribute to the forum with more than just questions...

Some other places I spend my online time are of the spearfishing forums and cigar forums.

Surfing and Martial Arts are other "hobies" of mine...

Welcome back to the forum Maguimaraes. Finished your safety certification just in time to go out and tag a gobbler with your shotgun. I look forward to your reports.

Thank you! Yes, that is what the instructors were saying...I'm figuring out how to go about it and hopefully I'll be able to report something soon! ;D
Bonejour said:
Welcome back to the forum Maguimaraes. Finished your safety certification just in time to go out and tag a gobbler with your shotgun. I look forward to your reports.

I'm a newbie and proud of it!! Haha
I live in the city of Lake Elsinore just south of Riverside and north of Temecula on the 15 freeway. I currently own an AR 15 and am looking to get into hunting out in my area. I come from a non gun owning family but have always been pro gun myself. Now that I have my own family I would like to start a tradition of shooting and hunting in my family. I have heard of lots of great areas to go shooting and hunting near by but since I have never been on a hunt I'm in need of some help!
Looking for some family oriented/friendly friends to start popping off a few rounds!
Any help would be great!!
Thanks
:)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu